JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here's my dilemma I'm trying to pick between the two. I've shot the 2.0 many times, really like how it feels in hand like how it shoot, especially with the new flat face trigger. I really like the suppressor heights. I have never shot the Sig P320 but I plan on doing that tomorrow at my local indoor range. Just kind of curious what anybody thinks about the P3 20 if they own one would they own one? I know the 2.0 compact is platform. Although I have read that the P320 had or has issues. I know it's not an apples to apples comparison, but I do currently own a P365X macro I absolutely love that platform. I am extremely new to the Sig platforms my only experiences with my P365X Macao. That's the main reason. I'm gonna go shoot the P320 tomorrow.

Last Edited:
As you know, the P365 platform is an excellent platform, and is my and my wifes current concealed carry of choice. Honestly IMO it almost makes the P320 platform obsolete. I have several P320's, and the full size ones as well as legion ones are nice. However any of the regular P320s, I think there are better options out there, especially when you factor in cost, as well as mag cost, which Sig mags get expensive. Yes they have the modularity, but in my experience once you get it set with the size you want, you won't change it very often. I would buy other platforms over it, as there are some better options for similar money- CZ, Beretta, HK, and as you mention- the M&P 2.0. Everyone glosses over the M&P, really not sure why, except maybe because they have been around for quite a while and arent the latest/greatest/sexiest. They are rock solid however, mags and parts are cheap. I would take the steel M&P2.0 over the P320 any day. I have a couple of P320s just to say I have some, but they are very rarely shot.

As you know, the P365 platform is an excellent platform, and is my and my wifes current concealed carry of choice. Honestly IMO it almost makes the P320 platform obsolete. I have several P320's, and the full size ones as well as legion ones are nice. However any of the regular P320s, I think there are better options out there, especially when you factor in cost, as well as mag cost, which Sig mags get expensive. Yes they have the modularity, but in my experience once you get it set with the size you want, you won't change it very often. I would buy other platforms over it, as there are some better options for similar money- CZ, Beretta, HK, and as you mention- the M&P 2.0. Everyone glosses over the M&P, really not sure why, except maybe because they have been around for quite a while and arent the latest/greatest/sexiest. They are rock solid however, mags and parts are cheap. I would take the steel M&P2.0 over the P320 any day. I have a couple of P320s just to say I have some, but they are very rarely shot.
Very informative thank you very much!

It's pretty hard to beat an M&P 2.0 overall. I've got some in 9, 45 and 10 and they're all great shooters. I would even say in my hands they outshoot their Glock equivalent which I own about 13 of.

I go M&P for carry if choosing between the two, mainly because:
a. IF you do end up in and incident, cost to replace is less. It will be taken into evidence.
b. stigma of the gun going off unexpectedly (which this is not a discussion of, just saying)
c. like what was said earlier, parts are less expensive.
d. If you shoot it well already, stay with what you know.

I do love the Sig, and will be carried occasionally, but it's set up for comp right now, which is another plus for the Sig, as you can get different grip modules for different occasions.

Just a gun nuts personal musings, YMMV

Yeah I really love my XMacro and the 2.0 compacts! You make a great point stay with what works best for you. That's why a 43X MOS I have is going away. Me and Glocks just do not get along. Don't know if I want to trade it or sell it out right!

Yes I've heard that sentiment a couple times about if you have like and shoot the XMacro well no need for a P320! Unless of course if you just really want one.

a. IF you do end up in and incident, cost to replace is less. It will be taken into evidence.
b. stigma of the gun going off unexpectedly (which this is not a discussion of, just saying)

I do love the Sig, and will be carried occasionally, but it's set up for comp right now, which is another plus for the Sig, as you can get different grip modules for different occasions.

Excellent feedback thank you.

Well went with M&P 2.0 3.6" optic ready 9compact.

There's my new pistol!!!

IMG_4024.png

I'm a huge M&P fan. And the regular Sig P320 just doesn't interest me at all. But the P320 X variants do look kinda interesting. But I would really want to shoot one first. The M&P...and especially with an Apex flat trigger in it is just a joy to shoot. Their factory flat triggers have also come a long way from the original hinged curved trigger. That thing was just an abomination. The new factory flat triggers are very shootable if you don't want to spend the money to Apex it.

I'm a huge M&P fan. And the regular Sig P320 just doesn't interest me at all. But the P320 X variants do look kinda interesting. But I would really want to shoot one first. The M&P...and especially with an Apex flat trigger in it is just a joy to shoot. Their factory flat triggers have also come a long way from the original hinged curved trigger. That thing was just an abomination. The new factory flat triggers are very shootable if you don't want to spend the money to Apex it.
There's what I got. I'm very excited I've wanted the 3.6" since the 2.0 series came out. Finally found one, and got the last one they had in stock. Plus they just got a shipment of 17rd mags in so I grabbed two. I traded the last Glock I'll ever have for it. Don't get me wrong. there's not a thing wrong with Glock.Glock and I just do not get along. I cannot shoot one to save my life. I'd be better off throwing the 43X at somebody.

IMG_4026.png

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top