JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My friend recently bought a M18x and we went to the 25 yard range to zero. I zeroed my PPQ Q4 Tac with a 509T shooting a sub 2" group. Then my friend tried shooting and his groups were around 8 inches off the same rest. 50% of his shots went 6-8" high left and the rest 2" low center. Since I am a good shot he asked me to take over and I got the same results. We tried S&B 115 ball, Freedom Munitions 115 ball and Hornady 115 critical defense all same results. We also tried turning off the factory Sig red dot that came on the pistol and shooting with the irons and got the same issue.

It was super werid because it was like shooting 2 separate groups. I was putting 2-3 rounds in the same hole 6 inches up and 2 inches left, and then 2-3 more in the same hole 2 inches low centered. I felt like all my shots were good and good trigger presses.

Any thoughts what is going on with a pistol doing this? Gun has maybe 3-400 rounds through it by now

My friend recently bought a M18x and we went to the 25 yard range to zero. I zeroed my PPQ Q4 Tac with a 509T shooting a sub 2" group. Then my friend tried shooting and his groups were around 8 inches off the same rest. 50% of his shots went 6-8" high left and the rest 2" low center. Since I am a good shot he asked me to take over and I got the same results. We tried S&B 115 ball, Freedom Munitions 115 ball and Hornady 115 critical defense all same results. We also tried turning off the factory Sig red dot that came on the pistol and shooting with the irons and got the same issue.

It was super werid because it was like shooting 2 separate groups. I was putting 2-3 rounds in the same hole 6 inches up and 2 inches left, and then 2-3 more in the same hole 2 inches low centered. I felt like all my shots were good and good trigger presses.

Any thoughts what is going on with a pistol doing this? Gun has maybe 3-400 rounds through it by now
Check the barrel for defects.. damaged crown, rifling condition and bore size.

What does that mean?
V8 vegetable juice. It's from a commercial where people make bad decisions, then the voice actor says the line. Because it's healthy or some nonsense. Anyway, I was making a playful jab at your friend's gun choice because certaindeaf already has the right answer.

V8 vegetable juice. It's from a commercial where people make bad decisions, then the voice actor says the line. Because it's healthy or some nonsense. Anyway, I was making a playful jab at your friend's gun choice because certaindeaf already has the right answer.
Ahh gotcha. I am not a fan of Sig myself but he liked the features... Maybe this is a lesson for him.

I had an early P320 before the recall. I have a few other Sigs, but I could not hit the broad side of a barn with the 320. I sold it to a friend that didn't have any problems with it.

Maybe it's like Glocks with some people not being able to shoot them well without a lot of effort. While it's twue, it's twue (Blazing Saddles), the gun may have a defect I think they need a different style grip to shoot well.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top