JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A recent thread about cutting down a shotgun barrel for a home defense gun seemed to be generating quite a bit of interest before it turned into a pissing match. So - if you have shotgun that you have cut down yourself - post a photo of it. (photos only, no pissing) Here is a Reminton Model 11 that I shortened to 20".
RemingtonModel11.jpg

My first firearm, a 20 gauge break open single shot I bought from K-mart back in 1977 when I was 14. Brought it deer hunting using slugs; good thing I did not see anything as I later found out I was zero for five at 25 yards on a 24x24 target. I cut it down to about 18.5" on the barrel and 26.5" overall just because I could.
shotgun.jpg

Ranb

I once had a Winchester 1300 that I took to a shop to have it cut to 20" and re-threaded for chokes. 6 Months later they only cut it and didn't do anything else. I now have a new H&R Pardner Pump with 28" vent rib barrel that I am thinking of cutting down to 18"-20" and sending the barrel to Colonial arms to get it rethreaded for chokes. Would be pretty cool having a full choked 18" vent rib barrel!

A repost from a past thread

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I did it. The goal was to make my circa 1990 Springfield 67f 20 gauge look like a Viet Nam era military Stevens 77E, So I ordered a Viet Nam era butt stock complete with the red T style recoil pad from Sarco ($30 after including shipping), an era correct cotton sling ($7), and some swivels ($12), I still need a bead sight.

I stripped the fore grip and had trouble getting the stain to match the stock, I was ready to try soaking it in dirty motor oil till I spied my black shoe polish, that did the trick.

I decided to cut the barrel to 18 1/2" even though the correct length would be 20" for a Viet Nam era shotty, which I am fine with because it is a 20 gauge and isn't a Viet Nam shot gun, just a wanna be.

First ever gun project results. Must say I am happy with it.

Springfield67F2.jpg

Before

P1010302.jpg

Thanks Oldgrapeler

the stock was split where it mounts, new stocks are more then the gun is worth and why she was retired, I just epoxied it back together and chopped it
I used black then a 3 coats of epoxy resin, after it cured 2 more coats of semi-gloss black
I did the black under the heavy epoxy coats so that the light scratches & rash that the stock and foregard get wont show "white wood" when scratched, it will still look black till I touch it up again

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top