JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking for places to shoot that are located near Hillsboro. I understand that there used to be a place setup in Tillamook national forest but, I have been told that is now shut down or something.

Are there any places in say North Plains? Or some other short trip from Hillsboro?

Also, are there any public ranges that allow handguns and/or rifles?

Thanks,
Mike

Couple places off hwy 6 and hwy 26 also there a road off hagg lake if u pm me I can give directions and there 3 spots to shoot at and also shooting up on pumpkin ridge some times is ok all depends is there working up there or not

back off of hagg is private for the most partand and not much appreciated when poeple travel from far to shoot back in there. Also, there is securty now with the WH, and Koenicke properties being trashed all the time.

It is shameful when you see how people have treated that location, and many others on my side of town.

ON that note, the pit up of idiot loop on the 26 is a great spot, even a 400+ yard shot, thats great practice.

Went up to Hagg Lake yesterday to look for coyotes, that shooting area is bust. New Stimpson signs all over the place including the three shooting areas. Forgot to take a pic of the signs, but my guess is it was to trashed.

@ Or_Varmint_Hunter: It was my first intent at coyotes and I didn't get to try because all the Stimpson signs. But last fall I was up there looking for blacktail and saw tons of coyote sign. Too bad I didn't head out sooner.

Scoggins valley is also lined with private property. The timber gate is only within 2 miles of the last house. The enclosed area is only a 5x5 square mile area, and is not approved for even hunting coyotes. It is right outside of Trask 14.

As far as target shooting, I am a resident of that immediate area, and back when it was a few respectful target shooters it was fine. But there have been some out right ghetto people coming through especially over the last year to mostly "party shoot". I was a little disturbed to find that the backside of Hagg was a "posted" shooting spot....when it is technically privately held property, not even state or BLM.

Especially when there are much better spots only ten mins out on the 26...

It is not technically "illegal” to shoot at the end of Scoggins, it is, however, very disrespectful.

I have never been, but clacakamas county sheriffs office is suposed to have a nice range. My buddy told me if you bring a gun, they have a wide array of other guns you can borrow.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads