JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
anybody know if SSC is open? I'm out of town and really need to contact them. I've called several times, and all I get is a fax machine or something.

Thanks.

I will never buy from him again. I've been waiting on certian parts for 3 weeks now. He told me it would be one week to get them in from Brownells, his first story was "they are on back order", which was not true, because I called the day I ordered them through him and they were in stock. His story is now "they are waiting on the rest of my order to ship". Also, altough his sign and phone recording say he is open Wednesdays, he hasn't been for the last two. Really really makes me mad. I will never go there again, ever.

Ihear tell they are open sundays now ! wed thru sunday is what I was told. going over wed to pickkup an extended mag release for my 1911,and just prowl a bit. they do have a facebook page now too,and will answer questions on there.

Now that SSS is on facebook,I was hoping that any time they were gonna be closed when they are supposed to be open would be posted so we'd know.
think again !!
I 'should' know better than to go there without calling 1st,because of past history.
but why should I have to ? doesn't OPEN MEAN OPEN on certain days?? And is it too much to ask to warn at least the Facebook users when they are gonna shut down for a coupleof days ??

It's 44 miles round trip to try to keep my business 'local',but I won't make hat mistake any more!! Just one time too many,folks. I hate paying the shipping on small things that they said they had,but hate wasting time and fuel even more.

You should never rely on a Social Media page, Neighbor... Unless it's a big corporation that pays someone to specifically monitor their web presence.

They don't even have their own actual web page, (a Facebook page doesn't count as a web presence to me)

Only time I've seen a computer in use is when they've been quoting me prices on a few pistols.

With the small crew that runs the place, the shop can be closed by a Dr's Appointment, or Snow on Germantown road, or Lunch. Or last week they had a notice taped to the front door that they were closed entirely until Saturday. (or was it the week before?)

I'm spoiled in that I can walk 4 blocks and see if the Neon sign is on over the door, so I feel your pain at the wasted trip, I guarantee you that I've been caught by the unannounced, "odd" hours more times than most of their other customers. (Tulip bakery 100 feet away has great donuts... Nothing like guns and a donut in the morning)

but as I said in post #33...

Call ahead unless you feel lucky.

I certainly don't have the luck... just missed a SR22 pistol last week. Congrats to whoever beat me to that one.

was just notified via facebook page that they are now closed on sundays...as of about 2 sundays ago.
a little late with the post,but at least now I know.
fb won't let them up date the hours,but Aaron is working on it.
I think a busier presence here would have saved sunday for them. imho

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews