JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
(B) An attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with 0.22 caliber rimfire ammunition; or
(C) A tubular ammunition feeding device that is contained in a lever-action firearm.
Glad to hear

Whether the Sheriffs enforce it or not is 100% irrelevant.. OSP and local PDs will..you can bet your bubblegum on it..
It's not irrelevant if we want to show, from official statements, there is a issue with resources and ability or desire to develop the permitting and training requirements. We need information in order to go forward with the fight. It ain't over unless someone personally wants to give up roll over. If that's the case, please get out of the way.

Not directed at anyone personally.

The Measure says

Police Chief, or County sheriff of the jurisdiction in which the permit applicant resides.

Yes OSP is lead for forming the Statewide permit, procedures and so forth but it comes down to local PDs and county sheriff to "enforce" the permit requirement and the mag ban.

The Measure says

Police Chief, or County sheriff of the jurisdiction in which the permit applicant resides.

Yes OSP is lead for forming the Statewide permit, procedures and so forth but it comes down to local PDs and county sheriff to "enforce" the permit requirement and the mag ban.
To be clear, Sheriffs will be responsible for issuing permits and certifying trainers but the FFLs and OSP will be enforcing the permit requirement. No permit, no transfer.

This is the email that I sent to Sheriff Joe Kast in Marion County:

Sheriff Kast,
With ballot measure 114 on the verge of passing, the subject of funding and enforcement are coming into play. As a citizen of Marion County, I am very concerned about the ability of Marion County to implement the permitting process and the resulting costs, and also about the magazine capacity issue.
Does the Marion County Sheriffs Department have the personnel and financial resources to implement the permitting process? Do you intend to implement a permitting process for the county? Do you intend to enforce the ban on magazines with greater than ten round capacity for those with a CHL, or the population in general?
How will you address the issue of off duty law enforcement personnel, officers of the court, or anyone else that carries a firearm as a part of their job not being able to have the magazines while not in the performance of their official duties?
I appreciate the complexity of the issues and the burden it places on you and your staff.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Best regards,

Keep in mind that these letters are not for harassment. The intent is to solicit their opinions and their intended actions. They have a difficult job ahead of them.
Last year I got screwed by the OSP background section when they "LOST" some mythical research into a traffic arrest in 1981 (Now I had gotten my CHL and bought like 20 firearms with this never being a problem) anyway I came to have about a 20 min long telephone conversation the Joe Kast to ask if somehow he could help clear up the mess. I was buying an Uberti reproduction 1885 Winchester single shot in 45-70 He was very sympathetic and he even had his records dept. check to see if any felony showed on my record. I ended up getting Rick Lewis the district 18 State rep involved (it took less then 24 hrs after talking to Rick before the OSP clerk in charge was calling me to tell me my 62 day BGC ordeal was over and they would be releasing my rifle) Anyway Sheriff Kast is a stand up guy in my book as I am certain he really wanted to help.

For those who are hoping some LEO's will not enforce this caution here. This is a slippery way to hope this can be dealt with. Especially with the way LEO's have been crapped on for years now. This leads to a LOT of people no longer wanting the job and some real asshats getting hired. Bellow is a prime example. These two morons are still LEO's and probably did not learn anything from this. The female one is really scary. She its easy to see took the job because they LOVED the idea of being able to tell anyone what to do or else. We are going to see a lot more of this as they can no longer find good people to take these jobs. :(

This is the email that I sent to Sheriff Joe Kast in Marion County:

Sheriff Kast,
With ballot measure 114 on the verge of passing, the subject of funding and enforcement are coming into play. As a citizen of Marion County, I am very concerned about the ability of Marion County to implement the permitting process and the resulting costs, and also about the magazine capacity issue.
Does the Marion County Sheriffs Department have the personnel and financial resources to implement the permitting process? Do you intend to implement a permitting process for the county? Do you intend to enforce the ban on magazines with greater than ten round capacity for those with a CHL, or the population in general?
How will you address the issue of off duty law enforcement personnel, officers of the court, or anyone else that carries a firearm as a part of their job not being able to have the magazines while not in the performance of their official duties?
I appreciate the complexity of the issues and the burden it places on you and your staff.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Best regards,

Keep in mind that these letters are not for harassment. The intent is to solicit their opinions and their intended actions. They have a difficult job ahead of them.
I did send a similar request to the Washington County Sheriff's office to see if I get a response. I will update if and\or when I do.

Banned.

Anyone on Klamath County? Looking to move there next year....
These are listed exceptions for
A) a magazine permanently altered to only accept 10 rounds now or in the future ( :rolleyes: )

B) a tubular feeding device for .22 rimfire ammunition

C) a tubular feeding device contained in a lever action firearm.

These are listed exceptions for
A) a magazine permanently altered to only accept 10 rounds now or in the future ( :rolleyes: )

B) a tubular feeding device for .22 rimfire ammunition

C) a tubular feeding device contained in a lever action firearm.
Exceptions for "lever-action" firearms and permanently altered fixed
magazines, 10 rounds or fewer.
o 180 days after passage the manufacture, sale, use or possession of large-
capacity magazines is a Class A misdemeanor:
▪ exception for law enforcement and armed services personnel in
performance of their duties; and
▪ those who own or later inherit large-capacity magazines when used
on owner's property, at shooting ranges/competitions, while
hunting consistent with applicable regulations, and during
transport to permissible location (if secured separately from
firearm) have affirmative defense.

This is copied from the states explanatory statement.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA

New Classified Ads

Back Top