JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
lets say i buy an AR lower. for example an aero precision stripped AR lower that hs a serial number. i have to do a 4473 on it. i then decide to file a individual form 1. do i need to engrave this lower with my name and city/state even though it has "aero precision LLC" and the serial number already on it…when i filled out my form 1, that info was included on the form. can someone please clarify or show me on the atfs website the answer? everything i can find is as clear as mud OR im just not understanding the whole maker/manufacturer deal…

thanks

You are the maker of an SBR, not an manufacturer of a lower receiver.

The manufacturers information is used to file, but you must engrave the makers name and city/state that the SBR was made in onto the firearm.

ok cool. next question, is first and last name ok or entire name on application? i have two middle names. 24 letters total lmao

awesome i appreciate the input. still waiting for my form 1. filed it 6/4 hope it comes back soon
I usually just engrave them ASAP. That way when I get my permission slip I'm off to the races. I think the first one was the only one I engraved after approval. Now, if I file, it gets engraved shortly thereafter, if not before if I bought it knowing it was going to get SBRd.

Yeah I filed mine about in 2020 took about 35 days. But again it's all good the gun gods are smiling on you may you're approval come early ☺️

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews