JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting info. I talked to OSP and they told me cutoff date is the 8th. Everyone in the system will be processed. New purchase from the 9th on will be under the new system that is still being developed.
I sure hope the person you talked to at OSP is correct! Wish they would come out and make an official statement.

Sweet, that's the same promo a couple strip clubs are offering!
Sign me up! Have they been tested though….. I already got enough issues with the liberals getting under my skin. I don't need any other bumps, rashes, or leaks.

I think the better question to ask is will OSP require a permit to pick up an ALREADY PURCHASED firearm for those who are still in the queue come Dec 8. This is a very simple question to answer for the OSP but they have been very vague on this in their recent statements. Based upon the fact most all FFL dealers have ceased to do private transfers it seems clear this is the expected outcome.

That being said, I think it would be a huge misstep for the Oregon gov't to require permits that don't yet exist to pick up a gun you already purchased. furthermore, it would be an even bigger misstep to require permits in general if they have yet to set up any kind of class/permit system. I am young and maybe a little naive to how the legal system works and how it doesn't work, but it makes the most sense to me to delay the rollout of a certain aspect of the measure until they have the infrastructure to support it... right?

Last Edited:
Interesting info. I talked to OSP and they told me cutoff date is the 8th. Everyone in the system will be processed. New purchase from the 9th on will be under the new system that is still being developed.
If this is the case. For the love of god, why doesn't OSP just make a statement? SO many FFL stopping person-to-person transfers because they believe that come December 8 all the private party gun sales will be stuck in no man's land until permitting is figured out.

If this is the case. For the love of god, why doesn't OSP just make a statement? SO many FFL stopping person-to-person transfers because they believe that come December 8 all the private party gun sales will be stuck in no man's land until permitting is figured out.
It would be raining buckets of BGCs then... right now its just Oregon showers ☔

Obviously cause they want people to continue to be scared that they won't get it in time (so they don't even attempt due to the unknown) and try to deter the queue from growing.

Beretta 92 is amazing.
ugly
but I love mine
Langdon Family Portrait.
IMG_20221121_110201337.jpg

Obviously cause they want people to continue to be scared that they won't get it in time (so they don't even attempt due to the unknown) and try to deter the queue from growing.
yes that seems to be the case.... its a bummer that most FFL's are caving to the unknown making it very hard to sell, buy, or trade person to person. These are quite possibly the last days for a long time to sell and buy from each other on nw firearms and it seems the gun community has given up until the big daddy gov't tells them what to do.

yes that seems to be the case.... its a bummer that most FFL's are caving to the unknown making it very hard to sell, buy, or trade person to person. These are quite possibly the last days for a long time to sell and buy from each other on nw firearms and it seems the gun community has given up until the big daddy gov't tells them what to do.
That's cause it's unknown and nothing is concrete. You gotta see it from their point of view too.

I think the better question to ask is will OSP require a permit to pick up an ALREADY PURCHASED firearm for those who are still in the queue come Dec 8. This is a very simple question to answer for the OSP but they have been very vague on this in their recent statements. Based upon the fact most all FFL dealers have ceased to do private transfers it seems clear this is the expected outcome.

That being said, I think it would be a huge misstep for the Oregon gov't to require permits that don't yet exist to pick up a gun you already purchased. furthermore, it would be an even bigger misstep to require permits in general if they have yet to set up any kind of class/permit system. I am young and maybe a little naive to how the legal system works and how it doesn't work, but it makes the most sense to me to delay the rollout of a certain aspect of the measure until they have the infrastructure to support it... right?
You applied "sense" and logic.
Your in the wrong state for that type of leadership

Seems like no agency has the authority to answer these questions. Who has the authority to arrest if there was no infraction? The police said they didn't know.

I'm not buying anything, so I am not poking the bear. I just find it funny that on the 9th, everyone magically knows what to do.

Gotta love organizations where the workers operate from the neck down. One of the main reasons I left the military. Heaven forbid we have critical thinkers.

In all fairness their boss is the governor….. puke.

Nothing is simple in government.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads