JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Sure, it's not a Wilson Combat or Ed Brown, but Rock Island makes a serviceable 1911 and it's hard to beat that price...

Link here

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Wonder how RI stacks against the Tisas 🤔
Cerakote and CHF barrel, different caliber aside
I've had both a RIA and a TISAS 1911, full-sized in 45 ACP.

In my experience, my TISAS was hands-down a much better firearm. Function, fit, finish, reliability - my TISAS ran circles around my RIA.

Now if TISAS was more expensive than a RIA, then the comparison wouldn't be fair. But I believe if you compared an $400 RIA to a $400 TISAS, the TISAS would win almost every time.

That is not to say that a $400 RIA (or any RIA, for that matter) is a poor firearm. Quite the contrary. RIA makes great, inexpensive 1911's. (They make great higher-end 1911's too.) I'm just saying that the TISAS is surprisingly much nicer.

Take what you like and leave the rest.

Cheers.

I've had both a RIA and a TISAS 1911, full-sized in 45 ACP.

In my experience, my TISAS was hands-down a much better firearm. Function, fit, finish, reliability - my TISAS ran circles around my RIA.

Now if TISAS was more expensive than a RIA, then the comparison wouldn't be fair. But I believe if you compared an $400 RIA to a $400 TISAS, the TISAS would win almost every time.

That is not to say that a $400 RIA (or any RIA, for that matter) is a poor firearm. Quite the contrary. RIA makes great, inexpensive 1911's. (They make great higher-end 1911's too.) I'm just saying that the TISAS is surprisingly much nicer.

Take what you like and leave the rest.

Cheers.
I'll echo this also.

I have one of the 2 tone Tisas GM .45s, and one of the Beretta 84 clones.

Both shoot great, and fit/finish second to none.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top