JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am trying to find a value for this shotgun possibly selling it

BDD8B978-46BF-4531-801F-643A8F52A842.jpeg 8755BF87-414D-4744-8BAB-D86080F145C2.jpeg CECC85D3-4F60-4D78-BF9F-270DD31E5DE4.jpeg

Classic Trap models were about $1,100 new when I purchased mine about 10 years ago. That looks to be a similar but different model that I have not come across. Any Idea on the vintage? Interchangeable choke tubes? The finish looks matte, is that the case?

Saw your reply after my post. This would explain why I have not seen them around. Very cool gun from a good vintage. My field 870 is from there era, great gun and much nicer machine work. Any new owner is lucky, GLWS.

Hoping some more eyes weigh in on this. @Bullzi @Nosferatu @Mono1 @Rem700..300 Something looks off. The gun appears to have been rattle canned or bake on coated at some point. Maybe Cerakoted? I really can't make out the finish which should probably be bluing. I don't recall black recoil pads and satin wood finish in the 70s. It appears the pistol grip cap has paint chipped away that matches the color of the receiver? Has the tigger guard/group been swapped too? I don't see any engraving present there. Maybe somebody attempted a restoration at somepoint? Sure would love to see some higher quailty photos. For compartive purposes the link below looks to be a corrrect example.

Last Edited:
the photos are don't show the true condition it is like new no scratches or modifications the bluing is excellent and a true blue the stock is walnut with a satin finish there were only a thousand of these made this one hasn't been fired much

Hoping some more eyes weigh in on this. @Bullzi @Nosferatu @Mono1 @Rem700..300 Something looks off. The gun appears to have been rattle canned or bake on coated at some point. Maybe Cerakoted? I really can't make out the finish which should probably be bluing. I don't recall black recoil pads and satin wood finish in the 70s. It appears the pistol grip cap has paint chipped away that matches the color of the receiver? Has the tigger guard/group been swapped too? I don't see any engraving present there. Maybe somebody attempted a restoration at somepoint? Sure would love to see some higher quailty photos. For compartive purposes the link below looks to be a corrrect example.

I think it's just washout from the camera flash.

Definitely need some better photos.

No direct flash this time. If possible, do it outside in the daylight. Some from underneath showing the loading port and buttcap would be nice too.

Those are beautiful shotguns. I love the detail that went into them, pus the gorgeous wood.

Hate to break it to you but those pictures prove without a doubt my previous suspicions. That gun has been bubba refinished and it's not anywhere near new or in excellent condition as you claim. Maybe start at $600 obo. That gun would need a full restoration or just let it be and shoot the heck out of it.

sorry your wrong my friend has a crap camera on his phone I have held and looked at it
Actually I am 100% correct! I'm going to show you one photo. Take note of the two areas I circled in red. The large area I circled around the medallion is the smoking gun in itself. That's not factory bluing and not the way the gun left Remington. That's a horrible paint or parkerizing job. Also check out the red circle I drew around the action lock, the paint has been clearly worn off revealing the original bluing. Also note the engraving at the front of the trigger guard that somebody over sprayed or burned through with an abrasive in preparation to paint it. Good luck! P.S. Your friends crappy camera phone actually did pretty good when it comes to your follow-up photos. But according to you this gun is near new and the camera phone is bad. Well your buddy can keep the gun and I'll buy his crappy camera phone. :D

5029CDD8-1434-447D-823C-A411DBE798E7.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews