JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking for someone who reloads and who might be interested in working with me. I already have the powder, primers, brass, bullets and know the exact load for my 30-06. Just need someone who might be willing to reload either for or with me. I am a "one rifle" kind of guy and have been shooting the same load out of the same gun for 35 years. Recently moved over here from MT so I need to rebuild contacts around Yamhill/Marion/Polk/Mult County Oregon. Don't want to buy factory loads. Thanks.

I am looking for someone who reloads and who might be interested in working with me. I already have the powder, primers, brass, bullets and know the exact load for my 30-06. Just need someone who might be willing to reload either for or with me. I am a "one rifle" kind of guy and have been shooting the same load out of the same gun for 35 years. Recently moved over here from MT so I need to rebuild contacts around Yamhill/Marion/Polk/Mult County Oregon. Don't want to buy factory loads. Thanks.
There's a fella here renting out his equipped reloading room. Saw it in the classifieds a couple weeks ago.

Sounds like you need to buy a press.

Out of curiosity what is your load and bullet for .30-06? What gun? If you don't mind. :)

Last Edited:
Solv3nt, I have not bought a press because I don't shoot that often. I reload 100 rounds and they last for 5+ years. I am a rifle hunter, an archery hunter, and a shotgunner. Deer and elk season use up maybe 10 rounds annually between sighting in and harvesting. By far the most rounds I shoot are through my shotgun. I have been tempted to reload steel shotgun loads but I have enough hobbies I am marginal at and don't need another.

I also did inherit a .244 (That's not a typo) a few years back that I shoot for Antelope on occasion - so I do use more than 1 rifle but once again the number of rounds I shoot are just so few. Those rounds too are hand loads but I have 5 years of those left.

Out of curiosity what is your load and bullet for .30-06? What gun? If you don't mind. :)
Mikej, I shoot a Winchester model 70 with a fixed four scope. The load is 165 grain Hornady BT with 59 grains of IMR 4831. Don't have the other details handy as I type this out.

Mikej, I shoot a Winchester model 70 with a fixed four scope. The load is 165 grain Hornady BT with 59 grains of IMR 4831. Don't have the other details handy as I type this out.
Thank you. I'm fairly new to reloading for long gun. And I load for an M1 Garand. I like to see what others load for .30-06 and roll it around in my mind. I load for proper safe function of the rifle, and accuracy. I'm still working on the accuracy part.

Theres a few companies that specialize in reloading for you to your recipe. Probably a safer option that trusting a random person on the internet.

Thank you. I'm fairly new to reloading for long gun. And I load for an M1 Garand. I like to see what others load for .30-06 and roll it around in my mind. I load for proper safe function of the rifle, and accuracy. I'm still working on the accuracy part.
Mike, remember that the M2 ball for the M1 is loaded to a lower pressure than new 30.06 ammo. Firing new ammo in an M1 can bend your op rod unless you use an adjustable gas block.

Mike, remember that the M2 ball for the M1 is loaded to a lower pressure than new 30.06 ammo. Firing new ammo in an M1 can bend your op rod unless you use an adjustable gas block.
That's what I'm talking about. Safe an proper function. Shooting factory PPU for Garand ammo and loading rounds that feel a little less "Potent" than the PPU.
I've read that shortening the ejector spring a coil or two will help with the brass abuse issue common with these. I wouldn't mind doing that down the line, but I don't have the tool.

Theres a few companies that specialize in reloading for you to your recipe. Probably a safer option that trusting a random person on the internet.

Thanks Koda.

Although I believe he is a bit further south of where you indicated, you may try NW Firearms member oremike. I believe he has a business loading ammo for folks, and may accommodate a situation such as you are describing. I met him at a gun show a few years back, not sure if he still does shows (if they are doing them again).

Thanks for the referral, I'm a licensed ammunition manufacturer down here in Creswell. Normally I would say this is something I could do but with the current ammo crises going on I'm 8 months behind on making pistol ammo and just don't have time to take on special projects.
As far as gun shows, I'd like to get back to doing them but right now everything I make is going to orders and I have no inventory.

Solv3nt, I have not bought a press because I don't shoot that often. I reload 100 rounds and they last for 5+ years. I am a rifle hunter, an archery hunter, and a shotgunner. Deer and elk season use up maybe 10 rounds annually between sighting in and harvesting. By far the most rounds I shoot are through my shotgun. I have been tempted to reload steel shotgun loads but I have enough hobbies I am marginal at and don't need another.

I also did inherit a .244 (That's not a typo) a few years back that I shoot for Antelope on occasion - so I do use more than 1 rifle but once again the number of rounds I shoot are just so few. Those rounds too are hand loads but I have 5 years of those left.
If all you need is 100 rounds, and you already have a proven load for your rifle and all your own components, I'd be willing to help you out, and I'm local. I don't mind helping, and enjoy meeting new people.

Probably the easiest thing would be to meet up at the range. I'm a member at the CVSC in Dundee and can bring guests. I have an extra Rock Chucker press mounted to a board that I can clamp to the bench at the range, and all the other tools necessary. If that works for you, we could meet up there some time when we both have time, and you can use my tools to load them yourself.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top