JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I use a Sightron SI 3-9 x 40mm Very nice optics, usually found for around $110. Hard to beat.
I've only owned one Mueller and Sightron is a bit clearer and brighter.
Better Imo, than the Simmons, also.
AS far as allowing for 24in+ of drop at 200 yds, you should consider adding a target turret(you can buy them separately) and work out elevation changes for hold over.

I use a 4X scope - <$100. Does fine
You ar really thinking 200 yds with a 22LR.
With my 10-22 sighted in at 50 yards - I drop about 20 - 24 inches inches at 150yards and I would guess closer to 36 inches at 200 yds. Granted a 10-22 is not your long range rifle. But just looking at the ballistic charts for 22lR ammunition - you are lobing them in.
I always figured a 22LR was more pratical for 100 yds and less - particularly if hunting

200 yard matches with the .22lr are becoming popular. Shooting the .22 long rifle at that range involves many of the same skills as shooting a centerfire to 1000 yards and is much cheaper. I would love to shoot a hundred rounds a day from my Grendel but at a buck a round or more it's not going to happen. Using a .22 can keep your skills homed and cost 10+ times less.

Get a cheap 3-9x40. It's a .22, not a 45-70. Recoil is not an issue for the optic. Have one on my 10/22. Got it at Wal-Mart. Hit's golf balls at a 100 yards all day.

I think finding a good quality ammo, that you zero the scope for would be more important for competition.

I use a 4X scope - <$100. Does fine
You ar really thinking 200 yds with a 22LR.
With my 10-22 sighted in at 50 yards - I drop about 20 - 24 inches inches at 150yards and I would guess closer to 36 inches at 200 yds. Granted a 10-22 is not your long range rifle. But just looking at the ballistic charts for 22lR ammunition - you are lobing them in.

Lobing them or not, there is a monthly competition which we want to join.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top