JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Taurus may be new ownership but the coalition has been brewing for many years. I have a Rossi 851 in 38 special made 7 or so years ago By Taurus in Brazil. I really cant speak much on Rossi's behalf since I have had only one, but this gun pares with similar S & W's with fit finish and function. . .If mine had, or even has the imperfection that it takes a heavy blow to the hammer, I doubt I would respond to the recall since today, the time, paperwork, transfer punishments, and fees, produce a gall I cant swallow and would linger for some time. Maybe more importantly, I don't CC carry it, and I like it.
Most guns ever made that were primed and loaded, up to modern times (and beyond) are prone to fire under duress from one sort or other. I doubt much sleep was lost, , or companies like Colt blamed, or anyone even entertained the idea to sue for a dangerous and negligent product, :eek: the Colt SA, and then have it recalled or banned from sale.
Instead, everyone with full faculty or at least a modicum of common sense, just left a chamber empty.
I don't know the actual burr causing the Rossi recall but if the fault parallels the Colt single action in a mechanical origin, criticism of company and product would be unfair and disingenuous in my mind.
Tbh, I got my blackhawk so I could load each chamber.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews