JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes, take a hardened chisel or punch about 4 inches long and launch it from space to hit a tank. It might go thru it - not sure if it would survive re-entry at speed. Make it from tungsten carbide, probably go thru the tank. If it was guided and/or smart, it would be deadly. No one would be safe.

But we already have penetrating bunker buster bombs - maybe not as effective as something launched from space though.

I wonder how effective a smaller projectile, fired from a space based rail gun, would be,

I think that smaller projectile - like the size of a chisel - would be used on smaller targets. The problem there is that smaller targets are generally moving, and even at the extreme speeds, it would take too long for a projectile to get to the target - unless the projectile was guided.

Now if the objective was to dump a bunch of projectiles into a given area - like with cluster bombs - then smaller projectiles might be effective.

But I am given to understand that we already have effective weapons deployed from aircraft that serve the same purpose and would be less expensive.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top