JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We're looking to acquire prescription shooting glasses for my sidekick (@TeacherSmurf). Though I know he is a shooter, I don't know that our optometrist carries such a thing. I'd have to imagine there are options online, so am searching on that now. If anyone has had good experience with a particular outfit, I would value the info.

Thanks much. :)

P.S. I wear contacts, so plain shooting glasses work. But she can't wear contact lenses, so that is not an option.

I have polycarbonate safety lenses in my everyday frames: One Pair for All Purposes. Only catch is no side or top shields.

I'm also toying with the idea of having the left lens from the last pair soldered onto a rail-mount so I can have a prescription lens right on my bedside gun and not have to fumble with glasses at Bump In The Night...

I use Zenni Optical: Sports Glasses | Zenni Optical

My orders are always filled quickly and correctly, and the prices are fabulous! All I do is choose a frame, fill in my prescription and the Pupil Distance (between the two eyes), then decide if I want premium lenses and coatings or regular.

707818-eyeglasses-front-view.jpg

They have some cool frames. These are $27.95 with regular lenses.

My wife just spent $350.00 at the optometrist for bifocals because she forgot about Zenni Optical... I was peeved.

As I'm getting older, I need reading glasses for the small/up close stuff. So, not too long ago I went to the optometrist and asked for "shooting glasses". I explained that I have trouble seeing the sights on my guns, but I can see the target clearly. He stated that there really wasn't much he could do. He said the best thing to do is get a pair of week "cheaters", as it will help with the sights and not totally blur the targets. I actually haven't tried it yet, but it's getting bad enough that I will try it soon.

On a side note this thread makes me acutely aware I need to pony up the dough and get a red dot for my carry gun.

Ray

The folks at Costco have supplied me with several pairs over the years. Just tell them you want Safety Glasses and they can provide you with several options.

As I'm getting older, I need reading glasses for the small/up close stuff. So, not too long ago I went to the optometrist and asked for "shooting glasses". I explained that I have trouble seeing the sights on my guns, but I can see the target clearly. He stated that there really wasn't much he could do. He said the best thing to do is get a pair of week "cheaters", as it will help with the sights and not totally blur the targets. I actually haven't tried it yet, but it's getting bad enough that I will try it soon.

On a side note this thread makes me acutely aware I need to pony up the dough and get a red dot for my carry gun.

Ray
The PROBLEM with that is you would have to leave the red dot on all the time going to be changing battery a lot

I use Zenni Optical: Sports Glasses | Zenni Optical

My orders are always filled quickly and correctly, and the prices are fabulous! All I do is choose a frame, fill in my prescription and the Pupil Distance (between the two eyes), then decide if I want premium lenses and coatings or regular.

View attachment 488910

They have some cool frames. These are $27.95 with regular lenses.

My wife just spent $350.00 at the optometrist for bifocals because she forgot about Zenni Optical... I was peeved.
Lol I paid about 300 bucks for my Ray Ban .
Perscip sun glasses lol .my insurance paid the other 300 and I got a pair of Oakley bifocals at the same time 586 bucks out of my pocket and the insurance paid the rest over 1300 bucks for two pairs of glasses

The PROBLEM with that is you would have to leave the red dot on all the time going to be changing battery a lot

True, but some have a pretty long battery life (like a year or more).
Pretty much the only time I wear glasses is if I need to see something up close, so I'm not going to be able to tell Mr. Badguy to wait for me to put my glasses on, so I can shoot him. I say all in all, it's probably worth the cost and hassle to be able to hit exactly where I'm aiming, when I need it the most.

Ray

We're looking to acquire prescription shooting glasses for my sidekick (@TeacherSmurf). Though I know he is a shooter, I don't know that our optometrist carries such a thing. I'd have to imagine there are options online, so am searching on that now. If anyone has had good experience with a particular outfit, I would value the info.

Thanks much. :)

P.S. I wear contacts, so plain shooting glasses work. But she can't wear contact lenses, so that is not an option.

Not glasses but...
VIA for AR-15/A2

A gentleman at the range let me try his on my shooting glasses. I wear glasses, to drive because it just makes it better. If I use the glasses at the club at 50' I can see the target but not the sights on my handguns much, so I don't wear the glasses at the range. that stick on diopter sight made quite a difference at the 50' range.

I can see the sights fine and the Target out to a certain point for a hand gun I'm not going to make any good shots past 25 yards for sure Rifle I can see pretty good out to a point then the red dot has a little bit of help but if I have a scope I can see better

I have a vortex viper red dot for my Glock but I didn't like it but I didn't have my slide miilled for it I just bought the rear sight adapter .if I had the slide miilled for it I might like it better

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top