JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just noticed some AR receivers for sale. They are labelled as pre ban and asking price is $1.5k each. They appear to be plain old new serialized anderson stripped receivers, but am I missing something?

What would make them so valuabe... and am I sitting on a gold mine and just don't realize it??

Washington bill.
I'm aware of their pending AWB, but how does that turn a $100 receiver into a $1.5k receiver? There are no receivers left in WA state to buy, so if you have one for sale before the ban it turns it to gold?

A guy can't just buy one online, pay for overnight shipping for one? Have sales on them been halted before the ban is actually even law?

I'm not getting it, I guess.

Guys trying to profiteer off their fellows, I guess. I didn't think the state had run out of lowers yet. I picked up a stripped aero lower at Sporting Systems on Tuesday for $89.
Maybe they had a rush and sold out in places around Tacoma and Seattle already.

I would see asking a premium for one. But $1000 to $1500 for a lower is crazy.

I would be more worried about the law considering parts kits to be an "assault rifle". If it passes, I would suspect that places like Midway won't ship an AR barrel, or a lower parts kit, to Washington.
What if you just want to replace a worn out barrel, and you can only get a neutered, non threaded one in WA. That would suck.
Guess we will see?

I'm aware of their pending AWB, but how does that turn a $100 receiver into a $1.5k receiver? There are no receivers left in WA state to buy, so if you have one for sale before the ban it turns it to gold?

A guy can't just buy one online, pay for overnight shipping for one? Have sales on them been halted before the ban is actually even law?

I'm not getting it, I guess.
I haven't the answers for those questions.

Everyone kicks the first guy to try and gouge, give it time there will be more.

I just noticed some AR receivers for sale. They are labelled as pre ban and asking price is $1.5k each.
Guys trying to profiteer off their fellows, I guess.
A price gouger will never waste a good opportunity to take advantage of his fellow man, especially under duress.
Awe I'm sure he's planning on contributing 90% of the sales proceeds to NWFA's Spring Fundraiser out of kindness as the decent person he is. ;)

For some places on the East Coast a pre-1994 receiver can be exempt from those AW bans. For Washington it doesn't matter if it was built after 1994. The pair for sale for $1500? I have no idea why he thinks people can't find $100 lowers even in the current rush, but he can ask whatever he wants. Maybe there is a buyer out there who can't get a lower locally and is willing to pay that price. Not something I would do to a buyer though.

Last Edited:
Just for the heck of it, I ordered a $59 stripped lower, with free shipping, from PSA.

I spend more than that taking the kids out to Burgerville.

Just for the heck of it, I ordered a $59 stripped lower, with free shipping, from PSA.

I spend more than that taking the kids out to Burgerville.
Don't tell everyone that this is possible ok! Some need to feed there kids!

There have been a few of these lately, somebody last week had 8 of them for $1000 each.
I'm sure next week they will still have all of them and nothing (legal) they can do with them..
Only thing they will get is a bad name around here for being a profiteer instead of a member of the community.

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top