Powder and Primers

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by arthury, Jun 16, 2012.

1. arthury

arthury New Member

0   0   0
    Hi folks,

Where do you guys buy powder and primers locally in western Washington with decent pricing?

Thanks!
  2. MarkAd

MarkAd Well-Known Member

4   0   0
    SportCo has fair prices on primers. Their powder price is reasonable. Seattle store is Outdoor Empouiruim.
  3. deadshot2

deadshot2 Well-Known Member

0   0   0
    By the time the State of Washington is done, there is no reasonable price on components. Whatever price they show at the store, just remember that there will be an additional 8% to almost 10% "added at the register".

Another reason to either get together with friends and order larger amounts from those in "foreign states" that don't get screwed by their State with taxes like B&O taxes, and don't have to collect WA State SST. Between their lower prices to begin with, larger orders to minimize the effect of the hazmat fee and shipping, I don't buy powder or primes in WA State any more.
  4. arthury

arthury New Member

0   0   0
    Do you guys buy powders and primers at WA gun shows? I heard that you do not pay state taxes and hazmat fees.
    Can anyone confirm this?
  5. deadshot2

deadshot2 Well-Known Member

0   0   0
    WAC gun shows don't allow powder sales, apparently due to some regulation or other.
  6. Throckmorton

Throckmorton Well-Known Member

27   0   0
    for smaller quantities,BiMart is very hard to beat,no one in my area beats them for sure. and about once a month they run sales on powder and primers. I could drive to portland and save tax,but the loca store is only 3 blocks away,no fuel cost to speak of.