JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have had this discussion with some friends of mine and wondered what you all thought on the matter. I have never been a big believer in +p ammo in my snubbie .38. I do not think that the extra "poop" behind the bullet would be of any benifit for such a short barrel (2"). Range test in my Smith has showed a considerable drop in accuracy if I feed her +p over a smaller load. What cha all think?

The short barrel doesn't have a fair chance to burn the extra powder. My guess is that you will get a wee bit more velocity, but a whole bunch more muzzle flash. That being the case, I wonder which round would be better in a gunfight...one with a little more power (very little more) and that will possibly damage your night vision, or the round with 98% of the power that won't bother your night vision?

Of course, more velocity means more power, but some times I wonder if it is worth the expense. As you said, you loose accuracy too...

Then there is the whole argument over practicing with what you will carry, and with a lightweight snubby (you didn't say your's was though) you would be considerably reducing the useable lifespan of the neat little revolver.

I would probably go for a heavier bullet rather than more velocity and muzzle flash.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews