JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@JohnH often has brass available and sometimes even package deals with primers. I have bought lots of brass from him and it has always been a good buy.

@alelord has some good deals on some new starline brass right now.
Did you come up to the OAC show yesterday? There's always a lot of brass there. Along with more obscure brass too. Alex is usually there and so is Johnny "misterarman". Johnny will be at the ARPC show this weekend too.

.35 Whelen
30-40 Krag
45-70 Gov.
Yes, you offer some of this, you will have no problem selling it.

On another note I bought 9mm for $13 a box of 50.[ or .26 cents ea]. When I could buy primers for .03 cents ea. I could reload 9mm for .08 cents each.
today I bought primers for .08 cents, and a pound of powder for $45. [ or .025 cents per load]. with a .08 cent bullet, my reloaded 9mm would cost 18.5 cents ea without any labor. There is just not much savings in a 9mm round.
This^^. If I didn't have a bunch of stuff bought years ago, I wouldn't bother with it. Powder, primers, and bullets at today's prices - f'gitaboutit. Cost of a brass case for 9mm is the smallest part. .223 Rem. is just about there.

Why are people saying that .223 brass is scrap when others are asking $100/k for it? Doesn't sound like a soft market to me.
Are those people actually selling it? Like, that big bag of brass goes away, and the seller has cash in hand? I wondered that at the ARPC show. TONS of shiny, shiny brass!
I kind of figure that people have enough brass. I load 9 calibers since I started in 2012 and have collected brass up to my last caliber a year or so ago when I took on .45 colt. I got a great price on 500 new Starline for that. We loaders have brass already. Some of us are "Crazy" with brass. We'll NEVER need brass again! I don't think many people are coming into loading now with the cost and difficulty finding powder and primers? I've got a bag of .308/7.62 for $.25/each in classifieds that no one seems to want?

According to one of the ads in our classifieds, it was sold at that price. Not criticizing the seller. If he can get what he feels it's worth, that's great. Was just more than I was willing to put into it. I'm seeing the same thing on other sites for sorted FC and LC brass.

My interest is turning it into 300 BO brass. I'm seeing combination 300 BO & converted for $64/500. It's worth it to me to buy it in that form so I don't need to torture myself with cutting, forming, trimming, and removing crimps.

I'm still selling all the brass I pick up. I'm getting 3 to 4 cents each for 9mm. still double what I get for scrap.
On another note I bought 9mm for $13 a box of 50.[ or .26 cents ea]. When I could buy primers for .03 cents ea. I could reload 9mm for .08 cents each.
today I bought primers for .08 cents, and a pound of powder for $45. [ or .025 cents per load]. with a .08 cent bullet, my reloaded 9mm would cost 18.5 cents ea without any labor. There is just not much savings in a 9mm round.
But for the exact same cost I can load 38 super, 38 spl, .357, etc... all of those use the same bullet, the same primer and near the same powder charge. But those three sell for $35 to $65 for the same size box of 50.
When there was no ammo on the shelf I was loading 9mm. But now I'm back to buying 9mm and focusing on loads that save me more than a few cents ea.

I'm still getting .07 to .08 cents ea for 45 acp, 38/ ,357, 357 sig and 38 super. I just pickup the 9mm while getting the other higher priced cases. If I sat on the 9mm empties I would have a shop full! DR
May I ask where you find your buyers? This is from someone who is not normally in the ammo/brass trade. I have some ~800 spend cases of factory 9mm and would love to figure out the best place to sell it.

May I ask where you find your buyers? This is from someone who is not normally in the ammo/brass trade. I have some ~800 spend cases of factory 9mm and would love to figure out the best place to sell it.
I don't know where you'd find people to buy 9mm. Anyone who has been loading for awhile already has more than they'll ever need, or doesn't load for it. And not many people just getting into loading because of primers and powder hard to find or too expensive. I'd bet if you were GIVING that 9mm away, someone would take it and ad it to their load to the recyclers.

Oh, Welcome to NWFA. :s0155:

I don't know where you'd find people to buy 9mm. Anyone who has been loading for awhile already has more than they'll ever need, or doesn't load for it. And not many people just getting into loading because of primers and powder hard to find or too expensive. I'd bet if you were GIVING that 9mm away, someone would take it and ad it to their load to the recyclers.

Oh, Welcome to NWFA. :s0155:
Fair enough, thanks for your comments. Returning member after long absence!

This is why I've been sitting on 40 brass, it's a caliber that seems to have fallen off. Have 5 gallon buckets full of it if somebody is wanting 40.
The scrap yards are paying record high prices for brass. I just can't sell it on this forum anymore, for reloading. So why bother with all the drama involved?

9mm brass is a low value commodity, and most hobby loaders keep themselves in brass by picking up what they shoot and find on the ground. What you need is to find someone that loads more than a hobbyist. The bad thing here is they don't want to pay much for it either because the finished product is cheap as well. Here are some real world numbers for you. Your 800 cases will weight aprox 8 lbs. I pay $2.00 a lb for range pick up brass. That makes it a $16.00 value cash or trade in my world. Bear in mind the work that goes into taking the raw range brass and turning it into the finished product ammo. Right now scrap brass in being bought at the big scrap yards for more than $2.00/lb. I'm not competing with them for the brass so my price has stayed the same for 8 years now. Generally my price is better than the scrap price but sometimes it's not. What I'll do quite a bit of the time is trade ammo for brass, that works out good for both of us. You get to keep shooting and I get to keep loading.

9mm brass is a low value commodity, and most hobby loaders keep themselves in brass by picking up what they shoot and find on the ground. What you need is to find someone that loads more than a hobbyist. The bad thing here is they don't want to pay much for it either because the finished product is cheap as well. Here are some real world numbers for you. Your 800 cases will weight aprox 8 lbs. I pay $2.00 a lb for range pick up brass. That makes it a $16.00 value cash or trade in my world. Bear in mind the work that goes into taking the raw range brass and turning it into the finished product ammo. Right now scrap brass in being bought at the big scrap yards for more than $2.00/lb. I'm not competing with them for the brass so my price has stayed the same for 8 years now. Generally my price is better than the scrap price but sometimes it's not. What I'll do quite a bit of the time is trade ammo for brass, that works out good for both of us. You get to keep shooting and I get to keep loading.
My brass scrapper is paying $2.40 lb. Cal Bag.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews