JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I misspell/have typos on here constantly. THe reason is I almost exclusively use my phone. It would take forever to go back and fix every single mistake. I generally try to fix them when I see them at least on non-bs/joke posts.
So do I, and it's also on account of using my phone.

That wasn't really my point though.

I misspell/have typos on here constantly. THe reason is I almost exclusively use my phone. It would take forever to go back and fix every single mistake. I generally try to fix them when I see them at least on non-bs/joke posts.
I know - cell phone keyboards suck. I fat finger the keys all the time too. I tend to fix the errors when I spot them.

Or...

images.jpeg

Spelling is important. It's second only to word choice in terms of impact on the utility of written communication.
It can be in the appropriate venue, but in an informal discussion board like this when the intent and context is easily understood, calling out the spelling, vocabulary and grammer police is more just a haughty power play... as if the message is somehow "less than" if not spelled absolutely correctly and with the most learned and befitting word choice.

Just sayin... sometimes it's better to just get over ourselves and use the brains given to us to understand the message even if the delivery might be less than perfect.

Just like we cut a person a little slack and don't automatically disregard what they say just because they are a 1911 fanboy. Obviously, not altogether right in the head, but his/her opinions can still be valid.

🤣

Going back to the OP though... it was a few days ago 1240 was assigned to a senate committee and testimony is to be heard... when? The 23rd?

Anyone know for sure (or did I miss it)?

For those of you with questions, I recommend you do not get your information second-hand. I have personally read the bill and watched videos on the daily about these laws, and I am still foggy on parts of it. There is a lot there, it is meant to be vague, and how all of it eventually gets interpreted is unknown.

For quick and digestible information, I do recommend watching William Kirk on youtube, he is a lawyer and president of Washington Gun Law.
This video:
is only 10m long and answers most baseline questions. Washington Gun Law is a great channel and right now he is putting out a video damn near everyday.

For those that dont read...
"(2) Subsection (1) of this section does not apply to any of the following:27 28 (a) The manufacture, importation, distribution, offer for sale, 29 or sale of an assault weapon by a licensed firearms manufacturer for 30 the purposes of sale to any branch of the armed forces of the United 31 States or the state of Washington, or to any law enforcement agency 32 for use by that agency or its employees for law enforcement purposes, or to a person who does not reside in this state; "

"(c) The distribution, offer for sale, or sale of an assault weapon to or by a dealer that is properly licensed under federal and state law where the dealer acquires the assault weapon from an individual legally authorized to possess or transfer the assault weapon for the purpose of selling or transferring the assault weapon to a person who does not reside in this state. The purpose of this section is to allow individuals who no longer wish to own an assault weapon to sell their assault weapon and is not intended to allow Washington dealers to purchase assault weapons wholesale for the 1 purpose of selling a stock or inventory of assault weapons online or in person to nonresidents;"
What' an assault weapon ??? is my Gerber knife an assault weapon ?

What' an assault weapon ??? is my Gerber knife an assault weapon ?
The bill does define assault weapon.
To answer your question....no i did not see the Gerber knife listed or defined as such.

side note: some folks/businesses just "get it"
Palmetto State Armory has the following notice at their website
Due to pending legislation and until further legal notice, PSA will prioritize all orders shipping to Washington State.
I also see from another post that Midway has resumed selling 10+ mags and weapons of 10+ rounds to Oregon residents.
Some time ago i tried to buy a 10 plus round lever action thru them...no luck...would not ship to Oregon. Nice to see they FINALLY woke up.

The bill does define assault weapon.
To answer your question....no i did not see the Gerber knife listed or defined as such.

side note: some folks/businesses just "get it"
Palmetto State Armory has the following notice at their website

I also see from another post that Midway has resumed selling 10+ mags and weapons of 10+ rounds to Oregon residents.
Some time ago i tried to buy a 10 plus round lever action thru them...no luck...would not ship to Oregon. Nice to see they FINALLY woke up.
Ok so if a knife is used in a crime its not an assault weapon .... not a weapon at all ? used to assault ? LMAO i love how people give in to their BS. We went from "global warming" debunked to "climate change", we went from "minorities" to racist Democrat speak of jim crow era "people of color", they were called out on "assault rifle" so now they say "assault weapon" .... so handguns aren't assault weapons either ? lmao

Ok so if a knife is used in a crime its not an assault weapon .... not a weapon at all ? used to assault ? LMAO i love how people give in to their BS. We went from "global warming" debunked to "climate change", we went from "minorities" to racist Democrat speak of jim crow era "people of color", they were called out on "assault rifle" so now they say "assault weapon" .... so handguns aren't assault weapons either ? lmao
That was so helpful in clarifying all of this for me. Thanks a bunch.

so handguns aren't assault weapons either ? lmao
So if you want them to list handguns as assault weapons and ban them also, I'm sure they would be happy to do so.
So yer gonna write to your congressman complaining their list of assault weapons is not complete enough?

So if you want them to list handguns as assault weapons and ban them also, I'm sure they would be happy to do so.
So yer gonna write to your congressman complaining their list of assault weapons is not complete enough?
I think you're missing my point on how stupid it is too call it "assault weapon" why is one an "assault weapon" and other not ...... are not longer going to call a knife at crime scene an "assault weapon"

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top