JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
He should face charges. You or I wouldnt get a pass, nor should they. He broke the law (being an idiot) and now he has to live by his (stupid) actions. Ignorance is NOT an excuse. An anti firearm idiot like him should have known what laws were on the books.

If they dont hold him accountable then I wont follow the "law" anymore after that. You cannot pick and choose when to enforce a law so it fits a political agenda.

If the State Police do not file charges then they are setting a precedent and hopefully then the law can be repealed as useless and unnecessary.

Yep, if they let him off, presumably for being 'ignorant' of the law (which should be even harder to prove since the Dems paid for a bunch of ads to run in the media to tell everyone about the new law), then anyone should be able to claim the 'ignorant anti-gun pastor' defense if caught under SB941. This puts the anti's in a tough spot - prosecute one of their own or let him off and let everyone else off too.

I hope this story doesn't go away.

Should we all applaud the use of SB941 in this case because it could be applied to someone with whom we disagree?

SB941 is bullbubblegum shoved down our throats by Phloyd the moron under an emergency clause. We all know how it went down and we shouldn't be happy when we see it used against someone because we don't like their stance.

Oops! you men this law isn't working? Look, it was arrogance that put this pastor in this situation. I could see where not following the gun culture and thinking with commons sense, "how could this actions be illegal". Maybe this will make him, see the light, such as it is and bring him over to the, dark side? The Lord does work in mysterious ways.

Should we all applaud the use of SB941 in this case because it could be applied to someone with whom we disagree?

SB941 is bullbubblegum shoved down our throats by Phloyd the moron under an emergency clause. We all know how it went down and we shouldn't be happy when we see it used against someone because we don't like their stance.

I am not hoping for the enforcement of 941.

I am very interested to see the outcome.

"What's sauce for the goose, is sauce for the gander." The knife cuts both ways. If this case is declined prosecution, it will set a precedent. (Ultimately "setting the stage" for rescinding this absurd piece of "backdoor legislation").

I wonder if our Ms. Brown sleeps under the front porch with the rest of the female dogs? She has yet to be spayed, so she'd best be careful. Bill Clinton may beat Bloomberg over the back fence. (That's how Chelsea came about, you know).

Partially yes, partially no. SB941 (as is I594) is a BS law designed to harm law-abiding gun owners while doing nothing to reduce crime (specifically their favorite term 'gun' crime). Last thing I want to do is give any credence/force to SB941, however...

Fact is, they expect us to abide by that law and threaten us with prosecution if we don't follow it. My issue with this guy is not that he has a different point of view - he is 100% entitled to that point of view, and I support that right for him. But this guy when out of his way to get this story in the media, to attempt to influence others to his point of view, and broke the law while doing it. He could have kept this to himself, and, as a result of his public display and desire for attention, has given yet another negative piece of press for lawful gun owners.

Perhaps the folks in Salem could see this and see how remarkably foolish their law is. Perhaps they need to reconsider even having it. But if they are to remain consistent with their desires in passing this law, then it seems they need to see this man charged and potentially prosecuted. They would expect the same for us. Or is there a double standard? And should a pastor expect to be given a pass on violating the law? Or would it be better if he submitted himself to the law since he violated it - knowingly or not?

How about instead of prosecuting him under this law, we just see the law repealed and go back to where we were before. That would be the best choice. Otherwise, it would probably be advisable for other anti-gun folks to keep stories like this one to themselves.

Last Edited:
Lake Oswego. Home to one of the most adamant gun-control sherriffs in Oregon. One of the most vocal proponents of SB941. I wonder what his public opinion is of this? Especially when a lot of people warned that this is what the law would lead to.

FYI: The story is starting to make it's way to Oregon Public Broadcasting. Here's an opportunity to help educate the public and get our side told.

需要安全验证 (https://www.facebook.com/oregonpublicbroadcasting/?fref=nf)

Well sure we need to make and example out of him because people like HILLARY CLINTON Have a double standard and get a free ride

Partially yes, partially no. SB941 ...

Fact is, they expect us to abide by that law and threaten us with prosecution if we don't follow it....

Perhaps the folks in Salem could see this and see how remarkably foolish their law is. Perhaps they need to reconsider even having it.

I get were your going. But politics doesn't work that way, unfortunately. This is more of a chance to publicly embarrass them. To get the spotlight on them so the general public that doesn't care as much about the subject can see just how foolish they really are.

If anything it's just a matter of karma resolving itself. The preacher is nothing but a glory hog. I'm not sure where the most idiocy resides, with the preacher or those who follow him.

I get were your going. But politics doesn't work that way, unfortunately. This is more of a chance to publicly embarrass them. To get the spotlight on them so the general public that doesn't care as much about the subject can see just how foolish they really are.

Problem is, how do we publicly embarrass them when the media is on their side? I seriously doubt they will have any interest in publicly crucifying a pastor who is anti-gun.

He'll no more be prosecuted than the Washington D.C. TV guy, David Gregory, who had the 30rd AR-15 magazine as a prop. No more than Hillary Clinton.

This is merely another example of the soft tyranny that has undermined trust in the rule of law. But, then again, we haven't had the rule of law since the turn of this century.

Partially yes, partially no. SB941 (as is I594) is a BS law designed to harm law-abiding gun owners while doing nothing to reduce crime (specifically their favorite term 'gun' crime). Last thing I want to do is give any credence/force to SB941, however...

Fact is, they expect us to abide by that law and threaten us with prosecution if we don't follow it. My issue with this guy is not that he has a different point of view - he is 100% entitled to that point of view, and I support that right for him. But this guy when out of his way to get this story in the media, to attempt to influence others to his point of view, and broke the law while doing it. He could have kept this to himself, and, as a result of his public display and desire for attention, has given yet another negative piece of press for lawful gun owners.

Perhaps the folks in Salem could see this and see how remarkably foolish their law is. Perhaps they need to reconsider even having it. But if they are to remain consistent with their desires in passing this law, then it seems they need to see this man charged and potentially prosecuted. They would expect the same for us. Or is there a double standard? And should a pastor expect to be given a pass on violating the law? Or would it be better if he submitted himself to the law since he violated it - knowingly or not?

How about instead of prosecuting him under this law, we just see the law repealed and go back to where we were before. That would be the best choice. Otherwise, it would probably be advisable for other anti-gun folks to keep stories like this one to themselves.

In this case, they have "painted themselves into a corner". They can't "have their cake and eat it too". Sorry, but "the feces has officially impacted the air motivator".

Last Edited:
I don't care for the "Background Check for every sale" laws.
But if that is the law , then it must be enforced.
Otherwise who gets to pick and choose which laws are enforced?
And if laws are enforced by whim ... Then what's the point of a law?
Andy

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Oregon Arms Collectors June 2024 Gun Show
  • Portland, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top