JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Glock 43
Walther PPS
Sig P365
Springfield Hellcat
S&W M&P
Etc..

They are all excellent guns and you really can't go wrong with any of them. How do you plan to carry? I would choose a gun that fits your preferred carry style rather than choose a carry style that fits your gun.

After many many years of carrying I found that pocket carry works best for me and none of the above pistols suit my carry habits. I carry a lowly Diamondback DB9 most often because it is the only 9mm that will fit in my pocket that I can still draw easily even though I own several other nicer guns. The DB9 is not in the same class as my Hellcat, Kahr CM9, Glock 42, XDs in .45acp, Karh CM45 or Xd mod 2 subcompact in .45acp guns but it has been 100% reliable and suits my purpose. If I am wearing something in which I can comfortable conceal a larger gun I will usually go with the XDs in .45acp for the extra stopping power of the bigger round. I learned to shoot the DB9 well because it suited my purpose best even though it is a bit of a hand slapper and most of my other guns were much easier to gain proficiency with. The XDs in .45acp is the same in not being a pleasant gun to shoot or an easy gun to learn to shoot well.

Decades ago when I carried larger pistols I found that I didn't actually have the larger pistols on my the majority of the time. Now I throw on a pair of jeans or some shorts to run to the store and sliding my DB9 into my pocket is second nature. For other dress I also have an LCP and P32 if I need to down gun for an occasion.

View attachment 1435363

Everyone should do what works best for them, this is just what works best for me.
Really appreciate the response! Overall I am looking to pocket carry, what you said makes a lot of sense. I am open to many models, I think I need to go check them out first before anything else. Thank you!

Really appreciate the response! Overall I am looking to pocket carry, what you said makes a lot of sense. I am open to many models, I think I need to go check them out first before anything else. Thank you!
Buying the "wrong gun" can be a costly mistake any more. Used to be you could go to a shop, fondle a few, take home the one you liked. If after you tried shooting it a while you decided you wanted something else? You could sell that one. assuming you kept it in good shape and kept the original box and such? You could get almost all your money back. Now days that is a no longer. Sale has to go through a dealer adding hassle and cost. So if you buy something, later decide you want to sell? You "may" get most of what you have in it out but doubtful. Most likely you either keep that one and buy another or take a hit on the sale. This is why I warn people to try to make sure before the take some new gun home.

Ok y'all, I've been comparing the Glock 43 to the Walther PPS for daily CC.

Any thoughts on which one is better or would recommend one over the other?

Thank you!
You'll want to shoot both before purchasing if possible.
SafeFire may have both in their rental fleet.

As a general rule, G43 for medium to small hands and PPS-M2 for larger hands.
The truth is in the actual shooting, though.

Overall I am looking to pocket carry,
for pocket guns something to consider is even a small difference in size and weight makes a bigger difference in comfort and printing after a long day of carry. Of course there are other things to consider selecting a gun that might overide a smaller option but its just interesting to note. e.g. 30ish years ago I bought a Colt 380 pocket gun (very few true pocket options back then) and to this day its still the most comfortable pocket gun of any of the newer better options that prints the least. And yes, pocket printing is a thing especially after the pant is used for a while some materials fade around the shape of the gun to make things worse.

Heres a great link for comparing various guns to consider....

for pocket guns something to consider is even a small difference in size and weight makes a bigger difference in comfort and printing after a long day of carry. Of course there are other things to consider selecting a gun that might overide a smaller option but its just interesting to note. e.g. 30ish years ago I bought a Colt 380 pocket gun (very few true pocket options back then) and to this day its still the most comfortable pocket gun of any of the newer better options that prints the least. And yes, pocket printing is a thing especially after the pant is used for a while some materials fade around the shape of the gun to make things worse.

Heres a great link for comparing various guns to consider....

Thank you! I'll check out the site!

Pocket Carry ?
I'd take PPS-M2 off of that list.

A friend has the little Ruger that he pocket carries.
LCP II 9mm I think it is.

SIG P938 or P238 or P365

Again, find a range that rents and try them out.
The mouse guns have their "quirks"

I really like the lcp max for pocket carry. It's 10 rd/12rd ext mag .380 and comes with tritium night sights.

It goes everywhere with ease. I have bigger 9mm pistols that I'll iwb carry if I feel the need to level up but the max is always on me otherwise.

Get-both-animated-gif-7.gif

+++++
+++++

+++++
+++++

Awwww......Come On Man.
Blonde or Brunette?

Is that you Brandon?

Aloha, Mark

PS........

1686427102929.png

Man up and choose what YOU like.
1686426894166.png

Last Edited:
Ok y'all, I've been comparing the Glock 43 to the Walther PPS for daily CC.

Any thoughts on which one is better or would recommend one over the other?

Thank you!

Neither, go 43X (or G48 that has the same frame) and get you some 15-rnd Shield Arms mags that are the same size as a 10-rnd OEM mag, and a metal mag-release.

The G43X uses the same dimension slide as the G43 (and are interchangeable), the frame is just a scosh wider at the grip section than the G43 and is only a mag base-plate longer than the G43 with a +1 mag extension.

My G43 with +1 extension next to my G43X w/15-rnd mag. The top frame is from a G48 that I put my G43 slide on to make another G43X if I want too.

My G43X has taken the place of my G19.4 as my EDC.

IMG_4459.jpeg

Pocket carry is nice, but if you can't hit anything with it, it's kind of useless. I've run through a lot of pocket guns and have settled on man sized guns.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews