JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

weapons shield or ballistol non toxic clp

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ballistol isn't non-toxic - i think it states it, but the contents are separately listed as toxic, it's petro based....

I think you also have to use it regularly, it's a little thin. Weaponshield i *think* has shown poor longevity as a barrier protectant in tests.

"Non toxic" is a scam and has been since the 50's. They've been playing that card via advertisements from before my father was a kid.

The body can put up with a tremendous amount of both acute and chronic exposure.

That being said, Ballistol among others.

People say I look young for my age, but my hands....... They look and feel like a man of 1oo!
When I shake hands I'm always surprised when some guys hands are soft and uncallused. Like a woman.

Years of gasoline, diesel, grease, brake fluids, adhesives, solvents you name it! Too late for me to worry about absorbing a little toxin into my body at this stage.

You younger guys might want to think about it.

Only two choices to vote, chose Ballistol.
My post #4 was to list MSDS for all gun stuff I could think of.
Frog Lube is impressive for it's benign MSDS, but I don't use it.

I use:
EEZOX
Hoppe's No. 9
Break-Free CLP
Mil LSA
Mil RBC
3-in-1 oil
For black powder guns I use warm water with liquid dish soap
Leave out in the sun till dry. No Sun, put in oven at lowest set-point till dry.

Is there a reason you don't use froglube? I've never tried it myself so was wondering. I've been a big fan of MPro-7 for quite a few years. Good stuff and great customer service!

Is there a reason you don't use froglube? I've never tried it myself so was wondering. I've been a big fan of MPro-7 for quite a few years. Good stuff and great customer service!
Haven't used Froglube because What I use works for me.
EEZOX New on the market- trying it out.
Hoppe's No. 9 Used for 40+years, and Dad before me. Cuts copper bore fouling, turns it to green sludge.
Break-Free CLP Younger jarheads swear by it. Use it for all-purpose...
Mil LSA LSA and RBC are what I was told to use back in the day, Gunny knew best.
Mil RBC
3-in-1 oil Lightweight machine lubricant, works everywhere.
WD-40 I use it to hose-out gunk in outta-the-way places.
Lead wipe-away No longer available, still have a couple sheets. Cut into patch size, swab the bore, turns lead into grey paste. Set the gun away for a few weeks, then view the bore. "Wires" of lead springing away from grooves. Cleaned my Ruger Blackhawk .45LC bowling pin gun barrel to like new! Sure worked nice!

The Froglube sure smells good, but "thickens" after awhile. So much so that it was the root cause to my FTF's in my 1911's. It took me a little while to figure that out, but when I stripped that crap off my guns and went back to Ballistol, my guns started loving me again and ran right.

The Froglube sure smells good, but "thickens" after awhile. So much so that it was the root cause to my FTF's in my 1911's. It took me a little while to figure that out, but when I stripped that crap off my guns and went back to Ballistol, my guns started loving me again and ran right.

Excess Froglube is supposed to be wiped off. How can that "thicken" after awhile?

Upcoming Events

Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews