JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi,

I moved to Boise area from CA about 15 months ago. I had firearms when young, going shooting at the dumps frequently in my youth. In the Navy, they took us out on the fantail (back of the ship) gave us a shotgun or handgun and told us if we hit the water we were qualified. The only thing besides water was the ship and each other!

I started buying weapons when Obama was elected because that seemed like a prudent decision.

We finally left CA behind and are happy to find freedom, love of God and country and lower crime here in Idaho. I added a [firearm] in 9mm (bought from Overland Arms; highly regarded vendor) shortly after getting here. My hands are arthritic and the soft shooting [firearm] doesn't hurt. I put a Hogue grip and a side-mounted light on it.

I looked at a few online forums before landing here and this forum seems to have the most current posts, so should be the most active. I'm starting to think about an AR-style rifle or bullpup shotgun since Obama's stooge is in office. Any advice is appreciated and I'll be lurking on the forums.

Last Edited:
Since you live in one of the few states still free buy what you like. Best thing to do if you are not sure is try to find a range with rentals. Its fun and FAR cheaper than buying something someone else likes, then finding out you do not. Make sure you vote well and try to get others to do the same. ID is seeing a LOT of people from states where they turned the place they live into a sewer. Then they move and start to try to turn the new place into the sewer they left. Often gun owners sit back and pay no attention to what is happening until its really bad. So stay active.

Since you live in one of the few states still free buy what you like. Best thing to do if you are not sure is try to find a range with rentals. Its fun and FAR cheaper than buying something someone else likes, then finding out you do not. Make sure you vote well and try to get others to do the same. ID is seeing a LOT of people from states where they turned the place they live into a sewer. Then they move and start to try to turn the new place into the sewer they left. Often gun owners sit back and pay no attention to what is happening until its really bad. So stay active.
Thanks for the advice. I agree with everything you said. In fact, I'm still getting harassed over my support of the Defense of Marriage Act (Prop 8) in CA in 2008. It was passed, but later overturned by the courts, which points up another risk to our democracy: activist judges. I didn't come to Idaho to change anything, except perhaps to kick the pretenders out, so I was active in the primary election, which I feel was fairly successful. The primary sometimes seems more important than the General.

Welcome to The Board, the bestest li'l gun board there is!

I will be joining you in Idaho in just a few short years. Looking at 40+ acre parcels in Idaho County as we speak...

Hi,

I moved to Boise area from CA about 15 months ago. I had firearms when young, going shooting at the dumps frequently in my youth. In the Navy, they took us out on the fantail (back of the ship) gave us a shotgun or handgun and told us if we hit the water we were qualified. The only thing besides water was the ship and each other!

I started buying weapons when Obama was elected because that seemed like a prudent decision.

We finally left CA behind and are happy to find freedom, love of God and country and lower crime here in Idaho. I added a Freedom Ordnance FX-9 Pistol Caliber Carbine (PCC) in 9mm (bought from Overland Arms; highly regarded vendor) shortly after getting here. My hands are arthritic and the soft shooting PCC doesn't hurt. I put a Hogue grip and a side-mounted light on it.

I looked at a few online forums before landing here and this forum seems to have the most current posts, so should be the most active. I'm starting to think about an AR-style rifle or bullpup shotgun since Obama's stooge is in office. Any advice is appreciated and I'll be lurking on the forums.
In union with the usual suspects, a hearty welcome from the Land of Evil Spirits!
1655527799000.png

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

I know that you're not in the Oregon/ Washington area but we've found the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly is through grass roots involvement.

If there isn't a local group that advocates for responsible stewardship of public lands, check out Trash No Land.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top