JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not to throw shade on someone doing the right thing, but it would have been interesting if he had played along and gotten it into court as quickly as possible and then thrown her under the bus to the judge; "Sorry your honor, but this is unconstitutional and therefore indefensible."
Doing that would have the result of further delaying the court case due to a judge determining "ineffective assistance of counsel" exists. Basically having to start back at square one with new counsel. Letting the clock run and then resetting it once a hearing finally happens isn't in our best interest.

But... it sure would be highly entertaining. 🤣

I am sure it has nothing to do with illegal border crossings, or people not voting?

I have to think Gun organizations are a front, every place we have so called conservative gun groups that
Boast, no reason to vote, it doesn't matter. Are in the states that it would have mattered the most.

I am not referring to this group. But pro-gun advocates that preach voting does not matter.
If every conservative voted in Oregon last election. We would have a REP : Governor, and Secretary of State.
There would be more senate seats held and magazine and safety course BS never would have passed.
And those of you who wanted Trump as President? Ya if all these so called Progun people had voted. He would have easily been in.

I think our rights are being gutted by internal sources.
My opinion, if you do not vote or tell others it doesn't matter. You are part of that problem.
Because in reality, so you take 15 minutes to check some boxes? And then end up not mattering?
Over taking the chance they do and did? We say the left is mentally ill?
What kind of cognitive limitation does take for gun rights people to pack up, make signs and go to a rally.
But checking a BOX is difficult?
People probably take longer taking a bathroom visit. ( tamed what I wanted to say).

I hear every excuse and New Mexico is no different, bla bla bla, I love my guns.
Vote to save them? That's too hard?

Rant Over.
Argus

My opinion, if you do not vote or tell others it doesn't matter. You are part of that problem.
Ditto this - and a lot of these 'no voters' don't seem to have a 'dedicated' position on anything.

They appear 'conservative' on some issues but then are wishy washy on others.

I run into MANY of these types. I hate to say it but a lot of them are not particularly 'bright' - and are obviously not 'mainstream' type people.

I am sure it has nothing to do with illegal border crossings, or people not voting?

I have to think Gun organizations are a front, every place we have so called conservative gun groups that
Boast, no reason to vote, it doesn't matter. Are in the states that it would have mattered the most.

I am not referring to this group. But pro-gun advocates that preach voting does not matter.
If every conservative voted in Oregon last election. We would have a REP : Governor, and Secretary of State.
There would be more senate seats held and magazine and safety course BS never would have passed.
And those of you who wanted Trump as President? Ya if all these so called Progun people had voted. He would have easily been in.

I think our rights are being gutted by internal sources.
Because in reality, so you take 15 minutes to check some boxes? And then end up not mattering?
Over taking the chance they do and did? We say the left is mentally ill?
What kind of cognitive limitation does take for gun rights people to pack up, make signs and go to a rally.
But checking a BOX is difficult?
People probably take longer taking a bathroom visit. ( tamed what I wanted to say).

I hear every excuse and New Mexico is no different, bla bla bla, I love my guns.
Vote to save them? That's too hard?

Rant Over.
Argus
Numbers game. RH6PGKLOZ5EJ5BFTYS6H2EAJQU.jpeg

There's a full 10% less Registered Republicans (24%) than there are Registered Democrats (34%); however Non-affiliated was 34%; so given a roughly 50/50 split ideally, it still would mean more votes went to Democrats than to Republicans, at least for the year of 2022 officially :rolleyes: it's also not helped out by large numbers of conservative voters moving out of State. Witness how many right here on this forum have made the move and are also planning to get out.

I was just thinking... I hope her highness is on her knees wishing no normal EDC person is seriously injured or killed from obeying her edict.

I can imagine the lawsuit. "He was well trained and CC'ed every day of his adult life, yet obeyed the law and left his firearm at home when confronted and murdered due to his inability to defend himself."

Not that it would actually weigh on her conscience, but would strike a decent blow against gun controllers.

Numbers game. View attachment 1486559

There's a full 10% less Registered Republicans (24%) than there are Registered Democrats (34%); however Non-affiliated was 34%; so given a roughly 50/50 split ideally, it still would mean more votes went to Democrats than to Republicans, at least for the year of 2022 officially :rolleyes: it's also not helped out by large numbers of conservative voters moving out of State. Witness how many right here on this forum have made the move and are also planning to get out.
Tucker Carlson put out an excellent video yesterday and it's on YouTube. It's long and very informative and tells us why we shouldn't run to another state. Before long there is nowhere to run to.
I highly recommend it as it covers gun issues too, if you have the time to learn.

Currently visiting The Kid in Albuquerque. Arrived on Saturday, the day after the weapons were banned.

Now my only defense is the use of harsh language. Yeah. That'll work.

I was telling The Kid that if everyone decided to all open carry at the same time, there would be nothing the gov could do. It would be a peaceful show of strength and defiance for an obviously unconstitutional order. The Kid (who's lived here a few years) said that would never happen because of all the counties in NM, this is the most liberal.

Sadly, The Kid is all for the ban. I'm left wondering how I failed as a parent.

Doing that would have the result of further delaying the court case due to a judge determining "ineffective assistance of counsel" exists. Basically having to start back at square one with new counsel. Letting the clock run and then resetting it once a hearing finally happens isn't in our best interest.

But... it sure would be highly entertaining. 🤣
That applies to criminal cases, not a civil case against the governor.

Currently visiting The Kid in Albuquerque. Arrived on Saturday, the day after the weapons were banned.

I was telling The Kid that if everyone decided to all open carry at the same time, there would be nothing the gov could do. It would be a peaceful show of strength and defiance for an obviously unconstitutional order. The Kid (who's lived here a few years) said that would never happen because of all the counties in NM, this is the most liberal.

How about an undercover report from inside Shooter's Den ?

:)

Correct. My bad... In civil mattes it's called "professional misconduct" with basically the same effect of delaying the court case.
The effect is not the same because there isn't a constitutional right to an attorney defending you against a civil charge.*.

If a civil defense attorney botches the case they get sued by their client later, it does not delay or reopen the original lawsuit.

* Child custody cases, etc. are different.

The effect is not the same because there isn't a constitutional right to an attorney defending you against a civil charge.*.

If a civil defense attorney botches the case they get sued by their client later, it does not delay or reopen the original lawsuit.
It most certainly can if your court representative is going directly against the clients wishes and petitions for an extension for new council on grounds of professional misconduct. There is no law that says a client get's one shot and has to ride it out to the end, take their beating... and the only recourse is to sue the attorney that represented them... after the fact.

By resetting the clock I was not inferring that it reopens/restarts all proceedings. Simply that any delay/extension granted is going to have to be scheduled for a future open docket. IE., if it typically takes a week to get before a judge on an emergency petition... requesting a delay/extension on your court date is likely going to reset the clock and take another week before you can get before the judge again.

Looks like my local and favorite firearms dealer is going to test the magazine ban here in Washington State. I love that he stood up for our second amendment rights and I surely hope he doesn't get put out of business.

View attachment 1486673
Sorry I thread jacked your thread, just made a specific thread in this section. Maybe a @Moderators can remove this post?

Maybe you should find out who your UPS delivery driver or Schwan's guy was around the time he would have been conceived and do a line-up comparison for resemblance…..

;) :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top