JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all,

Glad I found this community. Please excuse my lack of proper firearm lingo in advance. What are your thoughts on the Sig P320? I purchased this firearm as my first pistol a few years back, without knowing the history of this model. Do you think there was ever a legitimate problem with the design of the P320? My model was made with the upgrade.

Hey all,

Glad I found this community. Please excuse my lack of proper firearm lingo in advance. What are your thoughts on the Sig P320? I purchased this firearm as my first pistol a few years back, without knowing the history of this model. Do you think there was ever a legitimate problem with the design of the P320? My model was made with the upgrade.
Welcome, JD! Glad you're here!

IMHO, the P320 is a fine machine, all the shiitty jokes and stupid, tired attempts at humor aside. It was my first concealed carry pistol, and is still my go-to carry and competition firearm. And it has never "just gone off by itself" in 8± years of near-daily CC and countless USPSA competitions. To give you an idea of how much I use this gun, I have fired over 15,000 rounds through it to date, and every single one of them was fired by me squeezin' the trigger - it never "just went off"... So don't let the rapscallions here get under your skin about the boolscheet claims and tired jokes they constantly parrot about 320s. No, they just don't go off uncommanded. Every time you hear that crap, and an investigation ensues, you'll always find out that the user did something stupid and jacked with the trigger somehow. Something caught in the holster, gun carried loose in a gym bag, pulling the trigger while panicked and the gun was still in the holster, etc. Totally stupid firearm handling... :rolleyes:

There was a legitimate scenario early on in the gun's history that if the P320 was dropped in such a manner that the back of the slide contacted the ground first from above a certain height (around waist height, IIRC), then the gun would discharge a round. This was because the mass of the original trigger was large enough to cause it to continue to move backward because of momentum. SIG fixed that with the trigger VUP in 2018 or so. Any P320 purchased new after that already had the lightened trigger. Mine was an original model, so I sent mine in for the VUP and got the lightened trigger. There's even a thread here by me on that issue.

There's also a lot of SIG-hate on this site because some folks here believe in the not-unwarranted claim that SIG uses its purchasers as "beta testers" for its firearms. Case in point being the P320 as the most visible example. There is some element of truth there that I will not deny. Even so, I own three SIG pistols (P365, P320, and C31911) in 3 different calibers and not a single one of them has decided to go running around shooting people on its own. I doubt yours ever will, either.

Again, welcome to The Board, the bestest li'l gun board there is! :)

And @Andy54Hawken, thank you for the vote of confidence. :s0151:

Last Edited:
Welcome, JD! Glad you're here!

IMHO, the P320 is a fine machine, all the shiitty jokes and stupid, tired attempts at humor aside. It was my first concealed carry pistol, and is still my go-to carry and competition firearm. And it has never "just gone off by itself" in 8± years of near-daily CC and countless USPSA competitions. To give you an idea of how much I use this gun, I have fired over 15,000 rounds through it to date, and every single one of them was fired by me squeezin' the trigger - it never "just went off"... So don't let the rapscallions here get under your skin about the boolscheet claims and tired jokes they constantly parrot about 320s. No, they just don't go off uncommanded. Every time you hear that crap, and an investigation ensues, you'll always find out that the user did something stupid and jacked with the trigger somehow. Something caught in the holster, gun carried loose in a gym bag, pulling the trigger while panicked and the gun was still in the holster, etc. Totally stupid firearm handling... :rolleyes:

There was a legitimate scenario early on in the gun's history that if the P320 was dropped in such a manner that the back of the slide contacted the ground first from above a certain height (around waist height, IIRC), then the gun would discharge a round. This was because the mass of the original trigger was large enough to cause it to continue to move backward because of momentum. SIG fixed that with the trigger VUP in 2018 or so. Any P320 purchased new after that already had the lightened trigger. Mine was an original model, so I sent mine in for the VUP and got the lightened trigger. There's even a thread here by me on that issue.

There's also a lot of SIG-hate on this site because some folks here believe in the not-unwarranted claim that SIG uses its purchasers as "beta testers" for its firearms. Case in point being the P320 as the most visible example. There is some element of truth there that I will not deny. Even so, I own three SIG pistols (P365, P320, and C31911) in 3 different calibers and not a single one of them has decided to go running around shooting people on its own. I doubt yours ever will, either.

Again, welcome to The Board, the bestest li'l gun board there is! :)

And @Andy54Hawken, thank you for the vote of confidence. :s0151:
I assumed much of the negative stigma regarding the P320 was a result of misinformation, and you just confirmed that. I feel a lot better about owning a P320 now. Thanks for the insight.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups in Oregon and Washington. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top