JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1187s will run when all others quit! Mine runs when iced up solid, and feeds every thing you want interchangeably. Those Mossbergs are pretty slick though, never heard of one that didn't run, so its a good choice too. Been really thinking of picking up another 1187 Super Magnum to turn into a serious fighting scattergun! 22 in barrel, WW2 trench bayonet lug, porting between the lugs, and a screw in breaching choke, ghost ring rear sight and ramped trit front rifle sight and 2 shot extension! Remove the recoil pad, add a spacer and install a steel butt. Lastly, install the over size bolt charging handle and receiver spacer sling adapter. Should be awesome!

I like the remmies too, have an 870, but the damned things just don't fit me. My bird finger on my trigger hand is only about an eighth inch from the back of the trigger guard when I shoot. I've seen that bone enough that it will sit in the safe until I can find a fix for that. Anyone else have that problem?

I like the remmies too, have an 870, but the damned things just don't fit me. My bird finger on my trigger hand is only about an eighth inch from the back of the trigger guard when I shoot. I've seen that bone enough that it will sit in the safe until I can find a fix for that. Anyone else have that problem?

Nope;).

I have xxl hands and they run great for me.

Lemme know if you wanna get rid of it:D

I'm looking for a new s/a waterfowler. My buddies are telling me I need to drop "at least" a grand for a good reliable one. Are you calling duckdoo on that ? :eek:

My main duck hunting buddy who is an absolute duck hunting PHREAK liked my <$400 Weatherby SA-08 better than his spendy Benelli kit, and the M930 if similarly configured would be right up there with the Weatherby, IMNSHO.

245E7714-170C-44F4-AEE3-BD978B564C06.jpeg

Yeah, working on looking for a sling setup. I'll also have to figure where I want to install the loops, and I've seen some pretty good ideas online but I'm in no hurry.

As for carrying extra shells.... that's what the other three loaded M500's sitting next to it in the safe are for. ;)

You might want to consider a butt stock side saddle to carry extra shotgun shells. I have one my 590A1. My SLP I have a receiver mounted which I do like very much.

Is it bad that i've been thinking about selling all the parts for my M97 trenchgun build in lieu of one of those. I love me some WWI and WWII era weaponry, but It more important, I think, to put together your practical use arsenal before investing too much into nostalgia. I need a 930! I want an m97 trench gun.

Is it bad that i've been thinking about selling all the parts for my M97 trenchgun build in lieu of one of those. I love me some WWI and WWII era weaponry, but It more important, I think, to put together your practical use arsenal before investing too much into nostalgia. I need a 930! I want an m97 trench gun.

Do both, M930 first, then build the trench-gun..... 'MURICA!! :D

I am making a 930 much like yours, @Stomper, but I am thinking I will add on a wood stock. I am not 100% sold on the Bayonet. I am thinking something every bit as capable as the SPX, but looks less "scary". I am debating the GG&G 2 shot extension or the one you posted with a bayonet lug, because lets face it, bayonets are freakishly cool. I mean the chances of me needing a bayonet on a shotgun are close to nill. (Besides, I have a functional spear hidden in the house for easy access anyway for dispatching varmints) And it kinda deviates from my "look, see, its not so scary" thought.

Any thoughts on sights? Part of me would rather have some sights rather than just the brass bead. I am just used to notch and post variants, being a rifle guy till recently.

I am making a 930 much like yours, @Stomper, but I am thinking I will add on a wood stock. I am not 100% sold on the Bayonet. I am thinking something every bit as capable as the SPX, but looks less "scary". I am debating the GG&G 2 shot extension or the one you posted with a bayonet lug, because lets face it, bayonets are freakishly cool. I mean the chances of me needing a bayonet on a shotgun are close to nill. (Besides, I have a functional spear hidden in the house for easy access anyway for dispatching varmints) And it kinda deviates from my "look, see, its not so scary" thought.

Any thoughts on sights? Part of me would rather have some sights rather than just the brass bead. I am just used to notch and post variants, being a rifle guy till recently.

Just because you HAVE the bayonet lug doesn't mean you HAVE to mount it, then it just looks like a little nubbin' that don't do nuffin'... options, options.

After looking at the aftermarket options, I took off the brass bead-sight and now have a Meprolight tritium front sight installed on it that also has a white outline around the greenish glow-dot, the transition from light to dark backgrounds it's pretty outstanding. All you have to do it put the dot over your target and shoot... GTG!

Here's a photo of the packaging if you want to research it a bit.
7319F8AE-D381-46BD-97A5-B59FAB1588F3.jpeg

As far as "looking scary", my intent is that if I have to employ it for the intended purpose, I want the bad-guys to turn pale and have their testicles suck so far back in from which they dropped that the only noise they can make is a weak croak at the mere sight of it. ;)

Put a red dot on it;)

Gotta love the 930. Killed my first animal (Texas hog) using a 930 with a 24" rifled barrel. Probably around 500 rounds through it to this point and not a single failure.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top