JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
003810ad19e8eab7754106736ec03644.jpg

"Sadly, there is a long history of people taking force to drones"

Not sure what's so sad about this...

"Sadly, there is a long history of people taking force to drones"

Not sure what's so sad about this...

Well, for one thing, I believe they are now classified as aircraft. I have aircraft flying over my property from time to time - it is against the law to shoot at them. If they fly too low (under 500') then I can complain to the FAA, but I can't shoot at them.

Well, for one thing, I believe they are now classified as aircraft. I have aircraft flying over my property from time to time - it is against the law to shoot at them. If they fly too low (under 500') then I can complain to the FAA, but I can't shoot at them.
I know, but drones don't carry human life at this point. Not that I would shoot one down regardless.

AM I a fan of drones - HeII no!

But this part sort of negates anything about the drone or what the owner might have been doing with it.

Travis Duane Winters, 34, is now facing two felony charges: criminal damage to property and reckless discharge of a weapon within city limits.

That is my understanding too. If its powered flight, it's considered an aircraft and shooting AT one let alone hitting it they treat the same as shooting at any other aircraft. It's also illegal to jam their transmission from the controller.

My answer = Own your own defense drone. Bigger, badder, and faster. Drone not yours above your property? Scramble your own drone to go up and take it out. Fly right though the other one. Now it's a mid-air collision, not shooting at or shooting an aircraft.

Here built for impacts -

Strap enough HP to a drone and its a flying woodchipper. :D

"Exception for Limited Recreational Operations of Unmanned Aircraft." No more calling them model aircraft: Small models—including things sold as toys, even paper airplanes—are referred to as "Unmanned Aircraft."

Good to know we were all unmanned aircraft operators as kids.

Last Edited:
Yeah I'm pretty sure he knew full well what shooting a drone out of the air would mean for him. And I thought I can be paranoid...o_O. To me it really depends what the drone is doing. If someone is trying to look inside my window or spy on me with one then yeah I'm going to feel like taking the drone out. It sounds like the guy flying this drone was trying to do some sort of investigating. He probably should have left when he was approached by the guy who shot it down while he had the opportunity.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews