JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone done it? Any tips? I have an already done lower as a guide to measure things out and I have a drillpress and a dremel table with a x-y table.

Anyway, just looking for tips on how to do this... the jigs all seem to be 200$ and thats a little steep to do one receiver.

People used to do it back before there were jigs so yes you can . It really depends on you and how careful you are. I would not probably not try it with a dremel press but if you had a small mill like the HF el cheapo model you could not easily make it happen .

Hm I saw something where you drill a bunch of holes first... Printing this as a template would work?

Screenshot_20201106-153454_Reddit.jpg

assuming an AR15 the critical measurements are the are the pin hole locations and the depth of the pocket. The pin holes determine how the sear and trigger interact. If off a fraction the trigger wont work. If you put the pin holes a little low the trigger wont reset and a little high the upper wont fit. The pin hole locations are critical to function and deserve a jig. The depth of the pocket determines if the safety will work or not. Too little and the safety wont disengage.

The rest of the pocket isnt critical though if not wide enough the trigger wont even go in.

Consider the purpose is to manufacture several receivers at home when the confiscation starts. You want to have several blank receivers and a good jig so that you can mill one when ever you want rather than do just one. Consider it an investment in the future. Like having a box of TP in storage in 2019.

(I would send you mine but had to get rid of it now that tools to finish an 80% are illegal where I am now - you never know your future).

Even a cheap jig would be better than attempting this with just a drill press and a xy vise. I think your chances of success are pretty low in putting out an acceptable result. After you ruin a $50 80% lower or two, the cost of a jig won't seem so bad.

Well...right. okay I found a "cheap" polymer one in stock and ordered it. My 80% was actually 130 bucks. Its getting some engraving done and I definitely don't want to mess it up lol

I'm pretty good at this stuff but having some sorf of a guide will be beneficial :)

the fire control group floats on the two pins those have to be drilled in a precises location along with the hole for the safety lever, the pocket itself can be pretty sloppy as long as it doesn't interfere with the internals it will work.

Hi-Points and mopeds "work", but I wouldn't rock either one. :D

You haven't lived, until you feel the front wheel of moped vibrating violently down a hill going 90 MPH. The speedo needle isn't even working, you are just being paced by a car whom the driver is yelling at you, about how fast you are going.

Bah, buy a dremel and give it a whirl.
Please post photos afterward so we can have a chuckle.

Make sure you have a good rasp and some kevlar gloves.

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top