JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates

Upcoming Dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates
First off, welcome to the community. The previous event had shooting afterwards. Unfortunately I will have to leave after the clean up. But your more than welcome to shoot after the event

Thanks! Excellent. I've confirmed at least me and my neighbor will be there to assist. Likely another couple of friends will come along as well.

Weather not too bad at this point. Looking at Welches, 9 AM shows temp at 50, wind at 9mph and 40% chance of rain. 11 AM says 52, 7mph & 70% chance of rain.

Best bring some rain gear but most of the morning may not be bad at all.

Okay, I'm clear and good to go! See you all at 9 on Sat! I also confirmed with BLM and Dump Stoppers today. All is good to go.

The Trash No Land organization appreciates your efforts! I'm providing a good hotdog BBQ lunch for all volunteers. I'll bring a couple of canopies for us to congregate under. I'll also provide a nice cup of hot coffee when you arrive. If someone could bring some donuts and/or bagels, that would be great!

In addition, TNL will be doing a story on this clean up and will be taking photos, so, wear your best COVID smile! And don't forget,... 2 AR's APART, baby, 2 AR's!!! :D

Here's a screen shot of the Miller's Quarry from onXmaps Hunt. I wanted to show where the private property is located. We should not be shooting there but we have authorization to access for the cleanup. He got tired of posting no trespassing signs because they always got torn down, but he really doesn't want people down there shooting.

OnXmaps screen shot.jpg

2 ARs Apart 2.jpg

Okay, I'm clear and good to go! See you all at 9 on Sat! I also confirmed with BLM and Dump Stoppers today. All is good to go.

The Trash No Land organization appreciates your efforts! I'm providing a good hotdog BBQ lunch for all volunteers. I'll bring a couple of canopies for us to congregate under. I'll also provide a nice cup of hot coffee when you arrive. If someone could bring some donuts and/or bagels, that would be great!

In addition, TNL will be doing a story on this clean up and will be taking photos, so, wear your best COVID smile! And don't forget,... 2 AR's APART, baby, 2 AR's!!! :D

Here's a screen shot of the Miller's Quarry from onXmaps Hunt. I wanted to show where the private property is located. We should not be shooting there but we have authorization to access for the cleanup. He got tired of posting no trespassing signs because they always got torn down, but he really doesn't want people down there shooting.

View attachment 760106

View attachment 760107
Thanks for contributing so much time in helping make this happen.

Just now saw this. Had I known, I could have kept the wife from getting tickets to take my toddler to get a pumpkin. If you've a list, please add me to it for future events. I'm in Beaverton/Hillsboro but don't mind a nice drive - smaller the road the better ;).

Thanks!

I see the RSVP count says 7 Going. Typically, that means about double that. Could be less with the rain tomorrow. Hope not. The more volunteers = the sooner we get done and on to shooting!

Suggestion... if you have a dining canopy, you might want to bring it to set up over your shooting position.

Needs... I could use 1 or 2 more fold out tables in the kitchen. I have a couple so probably only one more.

I'll bring 3 canopies, just in case.

Picked up some nice Franks, salads, chips, condiments and plenty of water. I'll pick up a pot of coffee and a dozen donuts at Joe's Donut Shop in Sandy on the way up.

I have 30-50 trash bags I'll bring.

When we work with the forest agency, we always do a safety briefing at 9 AM. That's when we can chat about what's going on in recreational shooting and any current issues happening. So don't be late!

Click that RSVP button to let us know you'll be there!

I see the RSVP count says 7 Going. Typically, that means about double that. Could be less with the rain tomorrow. Hope not. The more volunteers = the sooner we get done and on to shooting!

Suggestion... if you have a dining canopy, you might want to bring it to set up over your shooting position.

Needs... I could use 1 or 2 more fold out tables in the kitchen. I have a couple so probably only one more.

I'll bring 3 canopies, just in case.

Picked up some nice Franks, salads, chips, condiments and plenty of water. I'll pick up a pot of coffee and a dozen donuts at Joe's Donut Shop in Sandy on the way up.

I have 30-50 trash bags I'll bring.

When we work with the forest agency, we always do a safety briefing at 9 AM. That's when we can chat about what's going on in recreational shooting and any current issues happening. So don't be late!

Click that RSVP button to let us know you'll be there!
I will also be bringing trash bags and gloves for everyone. I also have some volunteers outside of this forum coming. Looking forward to meeting you all. I can bring an extra table if need be @Cogs

I had intended to attend, however; I didn't. I'm bummed. I had hope to meet some of you.
Also, I have a very real peeve of vandals who have no regard for others or the lands.

I would like to thank & salute ALL of you intrepid volunteers who did make the time & hang the not so favorable weather.
In particular you hostility for the campaign & to cogs for all of his contacts, knowledge & willingness to share.

I do have a question in regards to this site being open to we shooters who look for open locations.
A mention or two about a "gate" comes to mind, I had hoped to explore the site to see how available it is. What can anyone tell me?

My very hardy thanks again to all for throwing in, especially since good 'ol Mother Nature threw a weather challenge to you this morning. ;):cool: vote!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top