JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I
Or the pilot disregarded weather and went out anyways, maybe hoping he could take out a couple guys?
Fog can surprise you too. Possible it was clear to mid skies when they took off and the pilot had no idea he would hit a fog wall. Especially if he was flying low..it's happened many times before. Or maybe an engine failure causing emergency auto rotation..hard hit...who knows. I'm looking forward to all the varying narratives that come out of this. We just don't have any facts yet.

If by chance it was Mossad...ballsy....but get ready.

Depending on how quickly the fire started, some may have walked away injured but alive. The supposed helicopter was an US made Bell model 212 (AKA civilian twin engine Huey).

A quick search on Bell 212 crashworthiness seem to turn up many examples of defective parts failures and fatal crashes. Its not looking good for survivors, but it's also looking more likely a storm of things, subpar parts, bad weather visibility, terrain.

Turkish Drone
ui_drone01.png
on station for a bit...
ui_drone02.png
Location in Twitter X video from Post#63 (Border of Azerbaijan and Armenia)
ui_location01.png
Location of fire from Twitter X video Post#63...approximately 1/2 mile from development.
ui_location02.png
38° 46' 04" N 46° 41' 33" E
ui_overview.png
Edit to add...Steep @CamoDeafie
ui_hillycamo.png

Last Edited:
read many reports that many Iranians left living there are generally not as bright as those who left Iran. Seeing their attempts at convincing the world that this aircraft is really a flying stealth fighter.. and the best real fighters they developed are slightly improved F-5s

View attachment 1884363 View attachment 1884364 View attachment 1884365
Last photo looks like a plywood mockup covered in Krylon.

But hey..they still have a few F-14's flying around..my favorite jet :)
Look at the sheite clarity of the bubble canopy…. it's got more wrinkles than Biden's arse….

IMG_2443.png

From CNN:

"No survivors" were found at the crash site of the helicopter carrying Iran's President Ebrahim Raisi, Iranian state news agency IRINN and semi-official news agency Mehr News reported.

From CNN:

"No survivors" were found at the crash site of the helicopter carrying Iran's President Ebrahim Raisi, Iranian state news agency IRINN and semi-official news agency Mehr News reported.
I hope that is accurate reporting! My hope is they augured into the mountain (aka: hard landing) at a high rate of speed. If true, perhaps Karma is alive and well.

I guess I stay tuned for further developments...

From CNN:

Sounds like a new President, Foreign Minister, and few other Govt officials, coming right up.
, perhaps Karma is alive and well.

I guess I stay tuned for further developments...
As long as the Ayatollah and his top clerics are still around, expect more of the same cloth :(

Antique helicopter, but probably "controlled flight into terrain" kind of thing, considering the fog. Reminds me of the cartoon with the two airline pilots flying along in the crew cabin, one turns to the other and says, "Say, what do you suppose a mountain goat is doing up here in the clouds?" Mountain goat peering back at them through the Plexiglas.

Dictatorships tend to control information to the extent they can in situations like this.

Antique helicopter
Antique??? That's a Huey Duey ... done worked on 2 or 6 of them at Wheeler AFB on Oahu back in the early '80s. A workhorse for sure.

Uh... what a minute, that was 40 something years ago...

(thread drift ... sorry)

o_O

I still hope they augured in at a high rate of speed...

Bell 212/UH-1N Twin Huey's first flight was 1968. Production ended in 1998, about 26 years ago. If the aircraft in question was indeed an US made 212 bought by Iran, its at a minimum 26 years old, likely more than that due to sanctions and the like?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top