JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The battle between the woke and the awakened. Let's just say that there are no longer a lot of meaningful or constructive conversations during family gatherings.
You know, might sound bad, but it's not all bad after your parents lived full lives and are now gone. With nothing left but a brother that I have no need what so ever to communicate with. I was also ostracized by a bunch of Mormon cousins I have in Utah.

For God's sake don't let anybody say that Oregon Elections are fraudulent. As we are all aware our Secretary of State at the time, Shemia Fagan kept a watchful eye on the process.
1714088251811.png

You know, might sound bad, but it's not all bad after your parents lived full lives and are now gone. With nothing left but a brother that I have no need what so ever to communicate with. I was also ostracized by a bunch of Mormon cousins I have in Utah.
I hear what you're saying MIke! Outside of my 17yr old son, I have no blood family that I communicate with or have seen in more than 30+ years.

Wow!! This is such a foreign concept to me. I can name 50 or 60 living relatives and there isn't a one of them that I wouldn't speak to given the opportunity. I'm not close with lots of them and haven't talked with some of them for many, many years, but there isn't a one that I deliberately avoid.

Wow!! This is such a foreign concept to me. I can name 50 or 60 living relatives and there isn't a one of them that I wouldn't speak to given the opportunity. I'm not close with lots of them and haven't talked with some of them for many, many years, but there isn't a one that I deliberately avoid.
Yeah, over-all I have had a very tight family. There are some relatives that disowned us for a few years, but even then we managed to patch things up well enough that there are no longer problems. But for my immediate family (mother, father, two sisters) we are extremely close even though we all (mostly) live very far away. Annual visits are important and exciting, and we try to call as often as is practical for our busy lives.

I do understand people who do not have close family. There are some real bubblegums in the world, and someone has to be related to them. I just find it sad, because lack of close relationships is a huge loss. You can cope without, and maybe for some there is some aspect of "don't know what you are missing," but no matter how you slice it there is a gap there that nothing else can really fill, even if it is just having someone close enough to you to pick up a little slack in your life.

You are Blessed, my friend. Not everyone is.

I generally have a small and very close family, BUT, I also have a few relatives I absolutely Cannot Stand, and a few of them I absolutely will have nothing to do with! I have a cousin who is, lets say, a User, and a Constant Complainer, she points her crooked fingers at others and carries a very bad and harmful grudge against a long dead step mother! I also have a couple cousins I haven't seen since I was very little, and they are total arseholes, and I could care less if they die and rot in hell! They are known abusers, and generally despicable people I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire! I have another cousin who has ZERO social skills and thinks she is the most important person on the whole damn planet, and greater galaxy, guess how often I see her, ZERO!

I know I would rather lick lead paint than listen to how great my in-laws think Brandon, Newscum, and Governor maxipad are. Then in the next sentence complain about the price of food and gas, and the increase in crime and drugs.

I know it has been asked how we reach people and change minds. I don't have the answer. In the last three years I have witnessed traditional, conservative, god-fearing family members suddenly go hard left. I can't prove a correlation but something happened during COVID that triggered this notable change. I'll let others speculate what that was.

Last Edited:
The battle between the woke and the awakened. Let's just say that there are no longer a lot of meaningful or constructive conversations during family gatherings.
^^^Same here.

Family gatherings mostly consist of me masking my contempt for narcissists who are busy helping others/making art/working with animals and openly hostile towards basically everything else. So in other words, people who will never afford to buy their own home and are too stupid to even put air in a tire.

I know I would rather lick lead paint than listen to how great my in-laws think Brandon, Newscum, and Governor maxipad are. Then in the next sentence complain about the price of food and gas, and the increase in crime and drugs.

I know it has been asked how we reach people and change minds. I don't have the answer. In the last three years I have witnessed traditional, conservative, god-fearing family members suddenly go hard left. I can't prove a correlation but something happened during COVID that triggered this notable change. I'll let others speculate what that was.
You don't? Can't put the puzzle pieces together, huh? Gee, maybe it was the Right making up baseless, ridiculous conspiracies about the vaxx and COVID, and antagonizing anyone who got the vaxx and calling the doctors and nurses who supported it "shills". It also expands to calling anyone who isn't in lock-step with Trump or that obnoxious broad MTG as a RINO or a "never-Trumper".

Who the hell would want to be attached to that? They didn't go "hard Left", the Right on that issue went far-Right. VERY far-Right.

Everytime someone notable croaks over today, the first thing I hear someone on a gun forum say is "duurrr were they vaxxed? duuurrrrr!" or "duurrr what info did they have on Hillary? duuurrr". They're driving away "traditional, conservative, god-fearing" people all on their own.

And don't forget to ask those traditional, conservative, god-fearing people what they think of somebody who cheated on his wife with an ugly whore and now sells $60 propaganda Bibles to raise campaign funds. I don't think you'll get a nice response there either.

It baffles me that some on the Right can't see that the Right has done this to themselves. I'm no Leftist (and no, not vaxxed either), but I very much enjoy watching the Right eat its own just as much as I enjoy the Left doing it. All while they stand around with the :s0092: trying to figure out where it all went wrong, lmao. If only the Right eating its own didn't have far more dire consequences in regards to the future of this country. I miss politics being Moderate, with sane voters who could think for themselves instead of bandwagoning onto bumper sticker slogans and conspiracy theories.

"Someone" certainly tunes into the daily MSM feeds. 🤣

Did ya get your highly political & divisive thread violation rant out of your system for the day?👍

Let's get back to the topic at hand, please. M114 litigation.
lol, I don't have a TV and don't watch mainstream news. BUT....yes, it feels good to get a rant out every now and then. :D

Yeah but, what's the downside? :D

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads