JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Article about Egan from Ammoland. Not sure of how reliable they are but comments if true are recent.

Just the headline says "Total Activist Nutjob"
Since Jimmy Egads is leading Court of Appeals.. I'm gonna just guess, Raschio's ruling overturned, State gets to start enforcing Measure 114, and Oregon Supremes will just "affirm" Court of Appeals' decisions?

Yup, I knew the vitriol would begin as soon as I provided the source. As a habit, I don't really watch his vids, just scan through his blah blah blah-ing, but I knew there was more info and skipped up to the new tidbits. Yup he's click-baity. He does have some information, and more than ya'll had to begin with till now. Eat the meat and spit out the bones. And you're welcome

Just the headline says "Total Woke Activist Nutjob"
FIFY 👍

That's the systemic problem in the U.S. judicial system. Stacking the deck by placing judges on the bench based on their activist/political agenda's rather than their knowledge of the law and ability to impartially adjudicate cases before them.

The "If you can't change the laws, pick a judge willing to ignore them" approach.

Yup, I knew the vitriol would begin as soon as I provided the source. As a habit, I don't really watch his vids, just scan through his blah blah blah-ing, but I knew there was more info and skipped up to the new tidbits. Yup he's click-baity. He does have some information, and more than ya'll had to begin with till now. Eat the meat and spit out the bones. And you're welcome
It's easy for folks to get hung up on the "packaging" and make wide sweeping judgments to ignore and disparage. "Dumping out the baby with the bathwater"... as it were.

I don't agree with his baiting tactics and his monologue is like nails on a chalkboard to me, but.... he IS quite intelligent, has a solid understanding of the law and he's usually pretty spot on with his info.

It's not that people don't appreciate the information, it's that we really need to have sources. There is a ton of misinformation out there, and disseminating it does us a disservice when we post without verifying.

It's not that people don't appreciate the information, it's that we really need to have sources. There is a ton of misinformation out there, and disseminating it does us a disservice when we post without verifying.
Especially when he has a long history of often outright lying to get views. He cannot be trusted as a source, period imo. Lots of good info out there, no need to rely on liars who prey on low intelligence people who lap up his BS.

FWIW, I did send him an email asking for a source and if he knows anything about scheduling. I've also reached out to others who would have the information, if it's accurate.
Source for what? I wasn't paying "100%" attention throughout his video, but his title seemed to be clearly referencing St. Raschio's permanent injunction... covered a bit of the ongoing history of the case and ended with an update regarding where it sits ATM before the appeals court.

I didn't notice him presenting anything in there that we didn't already know. Old news....

Did I miss something?

Last Edited:
I thought the ATF deferred to state law on Form 1s, i.e., if it's illegal to own in your state they will not approve your Form 1.

I could be wrong.
Nothing in 114 makes that firearm illegal. If it's a NFA item the BGC is done by the FBI and not an Oregon NICS. If 114 became law prior to the Form 4 paperwork then it would require the License to purchase. The final transfer post NFA BGC does not require the License since there is no associated BGC. At least that's my understanding.

FWIW, I did send him an email asking for a source and if he knows anything about scheduling. I've also reached out to others who would have the information, if it's accurate.
This is the problem with that source. About three times I said "wow did that really happen?" And I go back and research and find out it didn't happen. He just lied to generate views. This source has zero credibility Imo.

Source for what? I wasn't paying "100%" attention throughout his video, but his title seemed to be clearly referencing St. Raschio's permanent injunction... covered a bit of the ongoing history of the case and ended with an update regarding where it sits ATM before the appeals court.

I didn't notice him presenting anything in there that we didn't already know. Old news....

Did I miss something?
Theres the claim that three of the Oregon Court of Appeals Judges, including Egan, are going to review/receive the appeals for Arnold vs Kotek (Measure 114 Raschio case), Ortega, Kamen and claims that Joyce recused herself from the case for conflict of some sort.. the problem we're having is that the guy did not say where he got his info from, and as @PiratePast40 posted, there's nothing posted on the Official Oregon Court of Appeals sites, and there's no press releases as to confirm that these three Judges have the Oregon appeal in front of them. One would think that the Oregon news medias and Oregon State AG would all want to publicize this info and do a full propaganda sweep and paint those who voted against Measure 114 as "unOregonian"/"white Supremacists/racists/anti Oregon" and use it as further weapon against those who dared to prevent quorum last Session

Theres the claim that three of the Oregon Court of Appeals Judges, including Egan, are going to review/receive the appeals for Arnold vs Kotek (Measure 114 Raschio case), Ortega, Kamen and claims that Joyce recused herself from the case for conflict of some sort.. the problem we're having is that the guy did not say where he got his info from, and as @PiratePast40 posted, there's nothing posted on the Official Oregon Court of Appeals sites, and there's no press releases as to confirm that these three Judges have the Oregon appeal in front of them. One would think that the Oregon news medias and Oregon State AG would all want to publicize this info and do a full propaganda sweep and paint those who voted against Measure 114 as "unOregonian"/"white Supremacists/racists/anti Oregon" and use it as further weapon against those who dared to prevent quorum last Session
Ahhhh.... I did see a news release on that several days ago, but forget where I saw it. I'll see if I can re-find the source.

In other news.... From our attorney... as of last night:

"[the appeal]....officially scheduled for September 18-22. There is a lot of work to be done between then and now.

The best news to come out of today [03/03/2024] is that the Defendants do not want a Preliminary Injunction hearing on the Permit to Purchase aspect of Measure 114. This means that ALL of Measure 114 will remain blocked until at least the conclusion of our trial."

For emphasis: ALL of Measure 114 will remain blocked until at least the conclusion of our trial.

Ahhhh.... I did see a news release on that, but forget where I saw it. I'll see if I can re-find the source.

In other news.... From our attorney... as of last night:

"[the appeal]....officially scheduled for September 18-22. There is a lot of work to be done between then and now.

The best news to come out of today is that the Defendants do not want a Preliminary Injunction hearing on the Permit to Purchase aspect of Measure 114. This means that ALL of Measure 114 will remain blocked until at least the conclusion of our trial."

For emphasis: ALL of Measure 114 will remain blocked until at least the conclusion of our trial.
Just to be clear: we're talking about September 2024, correct? You aren't quoting an earlier statement from last year? Sorry to ask, but with people quoting old statements and news articles, it gets a little confusing.

Just to be clear: we're talking about September 2024, correct? You aren't quoting an earlier statement from last year? Sorry to ask, but with people quoting old statements and news articles, it gets a little confusing.
Correct. That's coming directly from our attorney, Tony Aiello as of last night. Appeals hearing: Sept 2024.

Fantastic! I was thinking about placing an order for an item with a 16 week lead time but wasn't sure. Sounds like I'm good to order.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top