JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not sure that's going to keep a gang banger hell bent on murdering someone from firing a shot. I'm no gang banger, but I don't think that will make a difference.
Better than blowing a quarter mil and more on "calming" barrels... I think, yes. Is it an effective use of money, in principle, and will it stop bangers from banging... I think, not.

Will it infringe on peoples rights more than it helps.... most definately!!

From that article, anyway, it's concerning that the main product of that system was an increase in stop and frisks and.. "And in California, prosecutors used audio conversations recorded using ShotSpotter microphones as evidence in criminal trials."

Not a great track record for the money and wasting LEO's time chasing ghosts when... "90% of ShotSpotter alerts lead police to find no evidence to corroborate gunfire when police arrive at the location ShotSpotter sent them."

Of course, portlandia probably sees audio surveillance of it's citizens as the biggest positive by-product of the system. I bet they go for it. ;)

This (if it works) will tell where shots are fired.

How many shootings are in unknown locations? Is this the real problem?

Bruce

Interesting...

Maybe lock up the criminals doing all the shootings, and all of the felons in possession? These are already laws on the books that they don't enforce!

I'm pretty sure the system is much more expensive than the calming barrels. But you know, whenever I get a barrel of whiskey, I'm much more calmer.

Here's a real wildhairbrained idea. If portlandia has all that spare money burning a hole in their pockets for crime prevention... fund the police and hire more officers(?)

I know... I know... crazy, hu!?

I didn't see the cost of the "pilot program". Not that it matters because it's only tax money. This is little better than a chalk line. It's after the fact. At best it can draw police to where the shooting was. It doesn't stop anything.

I'm sure as always, there is a small number of people causing the vast majority of problems. Arrest them or run them out of the state. Rinse and repeat until the problem goes away.

I didn't see the cost of the "pilot program". Not that it matters because it's only tax money. This is little better than a chalk line. It's after the fact. At best it can draw police to where the shooting was. It doesn't stop anything.

I'm sure as always, there is a small number of people causing the vast majority of problems. Arrest them or run them out of the state. Rinse and repeat until the problem goes away.

"A recent study of Chicago showed how, over the span of 21 months, ShotSpotter sent police to dead-end reports of shots fired over 40,000 times"

Overtaxing what few LEO's they have running around chasing their tails... I find that concerning. Of course, it's Portlandia and keeping officers distracted with "busy work" certainly does help to further the soft on crime agenda. ;)

"A recent study of Chicago showed how, over the span of 21 months, ShotSpotter sent police to dead-end reports of shots fired over 40,000 times"

Overtaxing what few LEO's they have running around chasing their tails... I find that concerning. Of course, it's Portlandia and keeping officers distracted with "busy work" certainly does help to further the soft on crime agenda. ;)
It's not like cops are supposed to chase after criminals or anything.

Trying to diagnose/fix symptoms….

Instead of identifying and treating the problem…..

Politicians are idiots.

F8BB9ADD-9721-4E4F-A05B-47D4EC46445B.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top