JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My sister in law is recently getting into the world of firearms. She purchased a marlin model 60 from a pawn store. The problem is if left to its own mechanics it will slam the round to the right of the barrel, almost like a stove pipe but for a live round being fed. If I slow the action down manually the live round starts the feed process normally grabbing the round and begins to push the round forward. About halfway to the ramp (couple mm) the round is thrown from the gun to the floor. Any ideas?

My sister in law is recently getting into the world of firearms. She purchased a marlin model 60 from a pawn store. The problem is if left to its own mechanics it will slam the round to the right of the barrel, almost like a stove pipe but for a live round being fed. If I slow the action down manually the live round starts the feed process normally grabbing the round and begins to push the round forward. About halfway to the ramp (couple mm) the round is thrown from the gun to the floor. Any ideas?
Welcome to the site.
I think those have dual extractors that aid in feeding..
maybe they arent engaging the case properly when feeding and or it's just all gummed up with fouling.
For further reference, theres a forum just for maintenance etc. questions..

Maintenance & Gunsmithing

Maybe @AndyinEverson can move it there so more better eyeballs might see your question.

Welcome Aboard, I've moved this thread to Semi-Auto Rifles in hopes of getting you better traction in getting an answer.

Ok so we figured out the gun does not like the flatter tipped cci ammo, and that rounder tipped Remington thunderbolt cycles fine. When all is lost and you can't figure out where your gun is broke, just try different ammo first I guess. Thanks guys.

Sorry I just noticed this.

In my years of shooting I've always used round topped ammo and my Model 60's have fed most all munitions at the best of its ability.

I appreciate how you slowed down the feeding to analyze and changed ammo.

I had bad feeding issues myself recently on an AR in .22LR and an adjustment to the ammo made it run flawless.

Brakeleen cleaner and a spray lube like remoil were always my friend on my marlin 60's decades back. would shoot them until they got gummy.
Lived in heavy sage rat area at the time and was young and had the opprotunity to shoot alot.
best running was always a lead round nose load....blazer, pmc, cci. ALL of the hyper speed hp truncated bullet loads were unreliable in feeding. your milage may vary.
Marlin 60....superior to oh so many like it!
*clean the mag tube as well!**