JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$1100
Manufacturer
Marlin
Caliber
357 Magnum
City
Colville
State
Washington
Zip Code
Marlin 1894 .357 Magnum

According to truegunvalue this firearm is selling for $900.00 - $1,800.00

I may include ample ammunition, depending upon final sale price!

Buyer pays all transfer and shipping fees. I will transfer from my FFL to yours.

Ammo available with purchase for the right price:
*25 rounds of Hornady critical duty 135 Grain Hollow Point
*60 rounds Magtech 125 grain Hollow Point

PXL_20210607_005734360.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Not sure, I will check it tonight and post it. Is there a difference in the year of production?

Not sure, I will check it tonight and post it. Is there a difference in the year of production?
Yes. Yours has the cross bolt safety which they started in 1984. Some folks see the safety as a deal breaker but a lot don't mind it. Up until (I think) 2008, Marlin was still its own brand, and there would be a JM in an oval stamped on the barrel. On mine, and most, I think, it's on the left side of the barrel, just in front of the receiver. After Remington bought Marlin they stopped stamping them, and quality of fit and finish got a lot more variable. Most people prefer the JM stamped rifles because they tended to be more predictably good than the non stamped one. Up to a point I don't know, you could subtract the first two numbers of the serial number from 100 to get the year of manufacture. Yours starts with 23, but in 1977, they didn't have the cross bolt safety, which yours does, so I don't know enough to know how to figure it out other than the stamping being there or not. Others more knowledgeable than me may be able to help too.

F14476F0-FE2A-4837-A781-428F6E953908.jpeg
This is what the classic stamp looks like. Some are much more lightly stamped and parts of the oval aren't there. Mine is stamped pretty lightly with little to none of the oval and only a hint of the JM. But this mark on yours will make it highly sought after. In this market you still shouldn't have much problem selling it but the stamp will assure it.

Ammo available with purchase for the right price:
*25 rounds of Hornady critical duty 135 Grain Hollow Point
*60 rounds Magtech 125 grain Hollow Point

Also the Remington made Marlins or Remlins as they call them will have a smart tag or smart label whatever you want to call it.

The MR prefix in the serial number has to be a Remlin, I have the same prefix in one of my Remlins.

Last Edited:
it is likely a remlin, with what i am reading online:

"Sometime in 2011 the serial number prefix became MR. This was done in conjunction with the sale of Marlin, and subsequent move to the Remington Arms plant in Ilion, NY. Speculation is that once receivers started being manufactured at the Ilion, NY, plant the prefix became MR."

it is likely a remlin, with what i am reading online:

"Sometime in 2011 the serial number prefix became MR. This was done in conjunction with the sale of Marlin, and subsequent move to the Remington Arms plant in Ilion, NY. Speculation is that once receivers started being manufactured at the Ilion, NY, plant the prefix became MR."

I second this. Should be a remlin based on the serial number as far as i know.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.