JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wouldn't the smarter way to do this be to deposit that money into a national chain bank that has a branch at your destination and inform that branch beforehand that you're going to make a large withdrawal? That guy would have still had his 28 grand, or his truck that he purchased with it. Or maybe the drugs he was buying?

Wouldn't the smarter way to do this be to deposit that money into a national chain bank that has a branch at your destination and inform that branch beforehand that you're going to make a large withdrawal? That guy would have still had his 28 grand, or his truck that he purchased with it. Or maybe the drugs he was buying?
Smarter yea for sure could have just wired the $. But car deals are still largely a cash business. I paid for all our vehicles in cash and have sold vehicles for close to that amount for cash. The biggest problem is finding a bank that actually has that much cash on hand. I think car buying/selling may be just slow to catch up to modern times or maybe cash is perceived as "more real" or something. Or it could be simplicity, hand over cash, drive away with vehicle and title. This is mainly person to person I'm talking about here, not from dealer.

Smarter yea for sure could have just wired the $. But car deals are still largely a cash business. I paid for all our vehicles in cash and have sold vehicles for close to that amount for cash. The biggest problem is finding a bank that actually has that much cash on hand. I think car buying/selling may be just slow to catch up to modern times or maybe cash is perceived as "more real" or something. Or it could be simplicity, hand over cash, drive away with vehicle and title. This is mainly person to person I'm talking about here, not from dealer.
That's why you inform the bank well in advance. In conversations with mine, it was made clear that I could easily withdraw 100k in cash but they'd need a few days notice to have that on hand and a dedicated security personnel for the handoff. No need for a wire and no risk of airport seizure.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top