JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In Oregon the OLCC sets prices statewide, so everywhere in the state will have the same price. You can actually view them online in lists here, or use this website to search prices and availability, though many liquor stores don't keep their inventory updated to whatever system this pulls from.
The system updates at the end of the day and is usually pretty dang accurate. Many stores don't put the quality and hard to get bottles on the shelf. Many of the good bottles are allocated and raffled or on the stores allocation list and held for customers on those lists and never see the shelf.

The system updates at the end of the day and is usually pretty dang accurate. Many stores don't put the quality and hard to get bottles on the shelf. Many of the good bottles are allocated and raffled or on the stores allocation list and held for customers on those lists and never see the shelf.
Huh don't get me started on that. The lottery was simply a con job and the board memebers took all the good bourbon for themselves. They've all been kicked off the board as of last year as I recall.

Last Edited:
Huh don't get me started on that. The lottery was simply a con job and the board memebers took all the good bourbon for themselves. They've all been kicked off the board as of last year as I recall.
I wasn't actually referring to the state liquor lottery. Many stores have a lottery for tuff to get bottles. At Christmas I won the chance to pay retail for a bottle of Elmer T. Lee at my local store. Good luck finding that bottle on the shelf in Oregon.

A friend who own a liquor store reports that often the harder to get bottles get set aside for bars or restaurants that buy from a particular store, that's why some in inventory aren't always on the shelf.

Correct...Some stores hold back popular/hard to get bottles for their commercial customers.
That's their default for hard to get stuff. Bars get first pick.

Sometimes they'll go in the back and get you a bottle if you ask. It's more likely to happen if they recognize you. I buy from a small group of shops who know me as a steady customer.
Sometimes they bring out a second bottle of hard to find product as well.

In other news.....When the heck did Eagle Rare go from $28 to $39 a bottle? Yikes.
I'm still working on the case I put together 1.5 years ago.....
In Ohio they get into fights to buy a bottle at $150 or $200..it's nuts.
In Florida they're bidding ER up to $300+ per bottle....it's nutzzzz....

I got several bottles of ER on the shelf. For the money I prefer the Weller Special Reserve. I have found Elijah Craig toasted barrel, Russells 10 year and Knob Creek 9 years as my main staples that get poured more often then not. Good low/medium cost bottles are getting harder and harder to find. I remember when ER was just on the shelf and widely available as was Weller or Blantons.

Correct...Some stores hold back popular/hard to get bottles for their commercial customers.
That's their default for hard to get stuff. Bars get first pick.

Sometimes they'll go in the back and get you a bottle if you ask. It's more likely to happen if they recognize you. I buy from a small group of shops who know me as a steady customer.
Sometimes they bring out a second bottle of hard to find product as well.

In other news.....When the heck did Eagle Rare go from $28 to $39 a bottle? Yikes.
I'm still working on the case I put together 1.5 years ago.....
In Ohio they get into fights to buy a bottle at $150 or $200..it's nuts.
In Florida they're bidding ER up to $300+ per bottle....it's nutzzzz....
What's funny is I've been sober for 34 years so my opinion is based entirely on my wife and friends' observations. From those my take is that the entire point of buzz around Eagle Rare was that it's good bourbon at a reasonable price. I'd imagine (and that's all I do) is one you get north of $50 a bottle there are better options.

Last Edited:
Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top