JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've noticed that there seems to be a premium price on M107 Barretts. Besides coming with two magazines and a monopod for the back (and being marked as the milspec version) does anyone know the difference between that and the M82A1 that most folks buy in civilian life?

I wouldn't think so either. I'm just trying to understand why the difference in price. Maybe it's an exclusivity thing, but that seems kind of silly to me if so.

ya, i have been looking for the last 12 months, to buy a m82a1 or m107 there always seems to be about a $2,000 difference in price, but have never really seen a physical difference between the 2. other than the designation on the side of the reciever.

I've got a couple of inquiries out, but if there's no real discernable difference I'd go w/ the M82. If someone comes back and reports the difference to be like an HK91 vs. a PSG-1, then for 1K that's a deal.

I guess I finally answered my question by looking at Barrett's FAQ (smacks head.)

What is the difference between an M107 and a Model 82A1®?
Currently there are few differences. The M107 is issued with "spike feet" bipods and the 82A1® is issued with "smooth feet" bipods. The M107 is also issued with the monopod while the monopod is optional equipment on a Model 82A1®.

That plus exclusivity of a milspec model seems to be the difference in price. Yeah, I don't think I need spiked feet on a bipod, and if I do I'll pick one up on GunBroker.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews