JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Morning Guys. As the title says I am looking for work in and around the Salem, OR area. I know that I have not been on the forum for a terribly long time but I have met a handful of you guys and I am hoping you can help me out here. I have experience in sales, customer service and various retail work. I also have my bachelor's degree and really would like to get into something that I could make a career rather than just a job. If anybody has a lead they can help me with I would appreciate it.

Morning Guys. As the title says I am looking for work in and around the Salem, OR area. I know that I have not been on the forum for a terribly long time but I have met a handful of you guys and I am hoping you can help me out here. I have experience in sales, customer service and various retail work. I also have my bachelor's degree and really would like to get into something that I could make a career rather than just a job. If anybody has a lead they can help me with I would appreciate it.
Pm sent

Amazon and UPS are great jobs if your physically able.

I know for a fact that UPS hires employees first so there is lots of room to move up if you have the skills and degrees.

I know a few people that have retired from UPS and did quite well for themselves.

I assume Amazon is the same and this is a great season to get into either of those jobs.

It took me 8 months to find a suitable job but I have/had limitations barring me from many job possibilities. Best of Luck too you!!!

Just opinion from living in your area for 65 years, you will probably find more oportunity in another state. Oregons tax structure and high cost of living is a killer unless you get a government job. Just opinion now:)

I would prefer something in management. Preferably not retail management but I am at the point where I would not be to picky.

Just don't be like Cousin Eddie and hold out for 7 years.
2HvGkwT.jpg

If you physically able and don't mind physical work look into an apprenticeship.
great advice!!

i actually was going into the electrical apprenticeship....in 08. i got hosed when there was no work.

went back to automotive.

@Baseacegoku if you are customer service driven and are good with people, you may be able to call and see if my work is hiring on the sales side(not necessarily a car salesman but maybe office type work??? idk much about that side of the business as i work in fixed operations)

worth a call or atleast check current openings online...?? just a thought.

i work for Capitol Chevrolet Cadillac in salem. im a service technician but my work seems to always be looking for people. we have toyota and subaru too.

i will say this though... it seems as if there is a high turnover rate with salesmen(they quit from not sellin cars and being commission) though so i would avoid that unless thats your thing.

Amazon and UPS are great jobs if your physically able.

I know for a fact that UPS hires employees first so there is lots of room to move up if you have the skills and degrees.

I know a few people that have retired from UPS and did quite well for themselves.

I assume Amazon is the same and this is a great season to get into either of those jobs.

It took me 8 months to find a suitable job but I have/had limitations barring me from many job possibilities. Best of Luck too you!!!

I had forgotten about the new stuff amazon is putting in. I will look into them. UPS looked like its mostly just seasonal work. :(

Just opinion from living in your area for 65 years, you will probably find more oportunity in another state. Oregons tax structure and high cost of living is a killer unless you get a government job. Just opinion now:)
While that might be true. I cannot uproot my wife and my life here unless I find a dreamjob somewhere else. Hmmmmmm I wonder if SilencerCo or Magpul are hiring.

Good luck. I see Hiring signs everywhere these days, so something is bound to show up. :)

Thank you. Since posting this I have had a flood of help from the members on this forum. and 2 interviews have been set up. Both are for better positions than the one I left. I gotta say I love you guys and this forum is getting money from me when I get a job again.:D

great advice!!

i actually was going into the electrical apprenticeship....in 08. i got hosed when there was no work.

went back to automotive.

@Baseacegoku if you are customer service driven and are good with people, you may be able to call and see if my work is hiring on the sales side(not necessarily a car salesman but maybe office type work??? idk much about that side of the business as i work in fixed operations)

worth a call or atleast check current openings online...?? just a thought.

i work for Capitol Chevrolet Cadillac in salem. im a service technician but my work seems to always be looking for people. we have toyota and subaru too.

i will say this though... it seems as if there is a high turnover rate with salesmen(they quit from not sellin cars and being commission) though so i would avoid that unless thats your thing.

I have considered looking into the dealerships. Apparently Capitol group is one of the best companies to work for in Oregon.

Large_3-551-900-600-80.png

Have you looked at Indeed.com ?
Been using Indeed.com, Monster.com, ziprecruiter.com, Linkedin.com, govermentjobs.com and various individual company websites.

I had forgotten about the new stuff amazon is putting in. I will look into them. UPS looked like its mostly just seasonal work. :(

While that might be true. I cannot uproot my wife and my life here unless I find a dreamjob somewhere else. Hmmmmmm I wonder if SilencerCo or Magpul are hiring.

Thank you. Since posting this I have had a flood of help from the members on this forum. and 2 interviews have been set up. Both are for better positions than the one I left. I gotta say I love you guys and this forum is getting money from me when I get a job again.:D

I have considered looking into the dealerships. Apparently Capitol group is one of the best companies to work for in Oregon.

View attachment 409642

Been using Indeed.com, Monster.com, ziprecruiter.com, Linkedin.com, govermentjobs.com and various individual company websites.
our employees generally seem pretty happy. ive been here 8 years. im happy. sure theres good and bad days but the good outweigh the bad by far.

I had forgotten about the new stuff amazon is putting in. I will look into them. UPS looked like its mostly just seasonal work

If you stand out from the slackers you may very well get an offer for full time. Might be worth applying for it if other stuff doesn't come thru. Always easier to get a job if you have a job.

Any which way you go I wish you the best of luck. I actually found my current job of 8 months just by asking on here once a month if anyone had something in my skill set and capabilities.

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top