JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So many options out there so I thought I would ask for recommendations.

I'm 6'1" and 260. Little more belly right now then normal but I'm guessing that's not permanent.

Would like to have a 1911 (possibly a G17) on my left side and 2 magazines on my right.

I realize you get what you pay for and I'm willing to save for what is right then get something I'm sorry I have and won't use but I'm not looking to spend $500 on a holster if possible.

As it's getting warmer I'm not sure this will be in the cards before fall but having a full size gun on me in a more comfortable position is higher on my mind as things get worse the closer to the election we get.

Thanks for any input!

I use a couple of these: https://gunfightersinc.com/spectre-shoulder-holster/

I'm not sure if that breaks the bank or not, but they are very well made and a lot of thought went into the harness and the draw angle of the holster.

It also doesn't require wearing a belt, if that's your thing. I typically wear it when driving on long trips with a shirt jacket for cover.
$189 is around what I figured at least. Solid black is fine, I'm not going to be flashing it around.

And Yes, my preference would be a rig that doesn't need to be attached to my belt.

Less expensive than Galco, and metal/leather connections instead of plastic.

I'm 6'1" and 260. Little more belly right now then normal but I'm guessing that's not permanent.

Would like to have a 1911 (possibly a G17) on my left side and 2 magazines on my right.

I realize you get what you pay for and I'm willing to save for what is right then get something I'm sorry I have and won't use but I'm not looking to spend $500 on a holster if possible.

As it's getting warmer I'm not sure this will be in the cards before fall but having a full size gun on me in a more comfortable position is higher on my mind as things get worse the closer to the election we get.

Thanks for any input!
Have you ever used a shoulder holster? Specifically one for an all-steel duty rig. I never really liked them but still have one or two. What I'm trying to say is maybe try to borrow one and or get a nice used one.

Have you ever used a shoulder holster? Specifically one for an all-steel duty rig. I never really liked them but still have one or two. What I'm trying to say is maybe try to borrow one and or get a nice used one.
Good point.

Maybe an Amazon special so I can send it back would be a good start…

Thanks for any input!
Try that Keto low carb diet. That bubblegum works. Can't help with shoulder holster as I only have experimental type cheap shoulder holsters for experimenting carrying subgun sized guns.

I carry my Kimber Ultra Carry II and a couple other 1911's in a Galco Miami Classic shoulder rig. I found it for $89 barely used.

thumbnail_20240206_132203.jpg
thumbnail_20240227_123757.jpg

Upcoming Events

Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show