JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well.. if this needs its own thread then that's ok but it seems to fit in here.

I've never been a rescue dog person. I like to pick them from a litter and make sure to get them at 8 weeks.

8 weeks ago my wife's co-workers were out in the boonies with their dog hiking and found a pup that was malnourished in a bush.

They looked for anyone around, took her to two vets to check health and for chips and had no way to find someone and no idea why this dog would be out in the middle of nowhere alone for at least a couple days minimum.

This was a Saturday.

Monday they asked around and my wife just said yes we will take her. I had hinted I wanted a dog similar to what she looked like somewhere down the road and my best dog friend passed 4 years ago, and I have had a little bit of a rough go since loosing him.

We were told the pup was 10-11 weeks old. 8 weeks later and they are telling us at the 2nd vet visit we have taken her to that she hasn't lost her 3 month baby teeth yet and that she is likely only 12-13 weeks old now (which explained the massive issues I've had raising her that I've never had with any other dog I've raised and trained). I though it was from being left out alone but it was because she was about 4 weeks old when we got her.

She has since started acting as I would expect and has been a huge relief to the loss and hurt I've had for 4 years now. She was truly a blessing for both myself and to a lesser extent my wife who also loves her dearly.

This dog loves every one and every thing, nothing scares her and she is as sweet as can be. Truly a fantastic little girl and it boggles my mind how she got out there and if it was on purpose or an accident.

I have a tag with her name and my phone number on every collar and harness we now own. She is due to get chipped at the next vet visit but I am between jobs and adding a puppy to our bills has not been easy, but we are making it work and both the dog and us are loving our life right now. (She is also never ever out of my sight and I am very vigilant - plus it took a while before the trauma of being abandoned went away and I would never let that happen again to her).

She is 100% our baby and part of our family now and the people that lost her or left her out there to die did not deserve her so I have zero guilt about adopting her.

I have grabbed wandering dogs in our neighborhood so many times that I have a permanent sign with my phone number and "I found your dog" that I put on the corner of a busy street and have reunited dozens of dog with their families. Once it came around and someone found my dog for me. Lots of good people out there, it's the bad ones that get the attention.

Our new little (lol she is going to be a big strong dog!).. smart as can be, tenacious and has a massive amount of energy.

IMG_0760.jpeg
I had a camping chair folded up in the corner of the kitchen after having used it for a temporary purpose - turned to do something and heard her messing with it. Turned back around and she had opened it and was very happy to be sitting in it. She is my shadow and anything I do or sit on must be the best thing in the world because that's what she wants also or where she want to be sitting lol.

Last Edited:
Yup, you and thousands of leftards on Facebook. That was a popular notion for a while, IIRC, and many of the people who unfriended me for voting for Trump were insistent that it should be LAW that kids get chipped.
Then again, some of the younger generations that I work with would probably not mind being chipped, when you consider how happy they are that they are tracked by all their social apps.
That one has long amused me. The same people who scream that they are being "watched" put their entire life on line for all to see. :confused:

Well.. if this needs its own thread then that's ok but it seems to fit in here.

I've never been a rescue dog person. I like to pick them from a litter and make sure to get them at 8 weeks.

8 weeks ago my wife's co-workers were out in the boonies with their dog hiking and found a pup that was malnourished in a bush.

They looked for anyone around, took her to two vets to check health and for chips and had no way to find someone and no idea why this dog would be out in the middle of nowhere alone for at least a couple days minimum.

This was a Saturday.

Monday they asked around and my wife just said yes we will take her. I had hinted I wanted a dog similar to what she looked like somewhere down the road and my best dog friend passed 4 years ago, and I have had a little bit of a rough go since loosing him.

We were told the pup was 10-11 weeks old. 8 weeks later and they are telling us at the 2nd vet visit we have taken her to that she hasn't lost her 3 month baby teeth yet and that she is likely only 12-13 weeks old now (which explained the massive issues I've had raising her that I've never had with any other dog I've raised and trained). I though it was from being left out alone but it was because she was about 4 weeks old when we got her.

She has since started acting as I would expect and has been a huge relief to the loss and hurt I've had for 4 years now. She was truly a blessing for both myself and to a lesser extent my wife who also loves her dearly.

This dog loves every one and every thing, nothing scares her and she is as sweet as can be. Truly a fantastic little girl and it boggles my mind how she got out there and if it was on purpose or an accident.

I have a tag with her name and my phone number on every collar and harness we now own. She is due to get chipped at the next vet visit but I am between jobs and adding a puppy to our bills has not been easy, but we are making it work and both the dog and us are loving our life right now. (She is also never ever out of my sight and I am very vigilant - plus it took a while before the trauma of being abandoned went away and I would never let that happen again to her).

She is 100% our baby and part of our family now and the people that lost her or left her out there to die did not deserve her so I have zero guilt about adopting her.

I have grabbed wandering dogs in our neighborhood so many times that I have a permanent sign with my phone number and "I found your dog" that I put on the corner of a busy street and have reunited dozens of dog with their families. Once it came around and someone found my dog for me. Lots of good people out there, it's the bad ones that get the attention.

Our new little (lol she is going to be a big strong dog!).. smart as can be, tenacious and has a massive amount of energy.

View attachment 1868295
I had a camping chair folded up in the corner of the kitchen after having used it for a temporary purpose - turned to do something and heard her messing with it. Turned back around and she had opened it and was very happy to be sitting in it. She is my shadow and anything I do or sit on must be the best thing in the world because that's what she wants also or where she want to be sitting lol.
Dog hit the lotto when she found you. So many of them are NOT that lucky.
Wife and I have 4 dogs now :eek:
NEVER would have thought this would happen. We have always had two at a time. When Wife's Dad died all her siblings wanted a share of the estate but NONE wanted his dog. Since Wife had spent so much time at their house when her Mom was dying, and then again for her Dad, the dog was well bonded to her so we took him too.
Then a worker at the one job got in trouble over having two dogs in an apartment where they could have none. So she asked us to foster them and find them homes. Both had been 2 years in a one bedroom apartment never allowed out since no one could know they were there. Found a home for one right away. Both had been abused and were shy. Second one got a taste of going for a walk on 60 acres twice a day and could not get enough. Pouring down rain, snow, did not matter. That dog wanted to go morning and evening. So after a few months I finally told Wife I guess we now have 4 dogs.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top