JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$250
Manufacturer
Leupold
City
Beaverton
State
Oregon
Zip Code
First the boring stuff:
Price is $250.00, the M serial number makes it a 1981 production, a few small ring marks gloss finish, glass is perfect, just had it in for service (see last photo) and standard (not wide) duplex
Not really interested in trades right now, I have another dumb idea to fund, but if you absolutely have to offer a trade, go for it. And let me pre-say "Thanks but no thanks" to Glocks, shotguns and non gun stuff

There, with that out of the way let's talk about the scope :) I picked this up to use on a 40ish year Swedish Mauser project of mine that is still just the same no barrel receiver I got 40ish years ago and I'm fooling myself if I think that will change anytime soon :(

But these are very cool scopes, and like they say:
"For those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don't understand, no explanation is possible."

But we can try:
Is it High Speed, Low Drag? Nope
Can I use it on my Dragon Slayer 387 x 50cal to shoot at eggs at 3 miles? Uh . . I guess :confused: but it would really be a bad choice for that
How about on a CQB SBR AR with one of those trick triggers? I mean . . yeah, not a great choice, but it would work

Classic Swedish Mauser build! Pure Gold!
But how about on a lightweight mountain rifle? Solid choice!
Except the mountains I hunt on are full of trees and a little dark. Bro! Totally got you on this! Notice that sleek design and 36mm obj? That gives you low mounting and great light gathering :s0155:
How about varmints? Good to go there as well! Yeah, all your buddies have scopes that are pushing triple digits in magnification, but you ever look though one of those in the heat of the day? Plus shooting varmints with your hunting scope is a solid skill builder ;)
On an AR that I'm not kicking in doors with? I'd do it! Especially with an offset red dot, that would be a great combo :)

But it's old! Well, yes, and it's a Leupold, and the warrantee is on the scope and not the owner, so no worries there. In fact, they don't make this scope anymore and the closest, should one day this one not be reparable, would be the 6x42, and that's a $449.99 scope! See it here https://www.leupold.com/shop/riflescopes/series/fx-series-fixed-power-rifle-scopes

And one last thing before the photos. Remember this?
NOTICE: Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections.

So I would ask that ya'll feel free, should the spirt move you, to post in this thread your found memories of scopes like this, questions about it you I didn't cover, other ideas for rifles that would fit under it, or really, just anything you feel would add to the conversation.
Leupold 6x36 01.jpg
Leupold 6x36 02.jpg
Leupold 6x36 03.jpg
Leupold 6x36 04.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA

New Classified Ads

Back Top