JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone here or do you know someone that wears a left side belt-holster on the right side…so the butt of pistol is facing forward? I've seen this in western draw, not with pistols. If you have please comment.

Thank you, Randy.

Last Edited:
It's called cross draw. I'm left handed so do carry OWB cross draw sometimes with the holster on my right side. It's my preferred way to carry my 71/2" Redhawk.

This idea of my question. Only pic I could find.

IMG_2024.png

This idea of my question. Only pic I could find.

View attachment 1871294
Seems like an unnecessarily complex way to draw strong side, introducing an unnecessary action to twist the wrist and firearm around into position to acquire the target and fire.

True cross draw I get. But this seems to be wrought with the possibilities for an accidental discharge. Just one ole guys opinion.

Cross-draw (strong-side holster slid around to support side) was my first thought, but that picture helped clarify what OP meant (well, all but the reason why). Then I recalled some old movie where a shootist carried his iron strong side & butt-forward. I think he died way before the credits ran (predictable for carrying in such an awkward, complex fashion).

I normally carry strong side hip in a conventional way. Cross-draw, however, is arguably better when seated (driving, dining, relaxing, etc), so my dedicated combo for 'sweat clothes & easy chair evenings' is an inexpensive nylon holster worn cross-draw on a Sport Tuck belly band. Very accessible, even in a comfortable recliner.

Robert Lansing looked awfully cool in An Eye For An Eye wearing his that way. Of course, he did have a good reason - his right hand was shot up.

I bought a revolver that came with a left-handed holster. Tried wearing it that way but soon got tired of it and bought a new holster. Never did find a buyer for the lefty. Still in a drawer somewhere.

1714280492269.png

This OF has a few slooow memory cells, but I did finally recall an explanation heard years ago for the so-called cavalry carry. Seems that sabers were the go-to weapon for cavalry troops, and those were best worked with their strong hand. The handgun was worn butt-forward on the strong side so that it could be yanked with the support hand if urgently needed.

Maybe all that's true, or maybe not, but it sounds a lot more logical than trying break a wrist drawing that bass-ackward thang with the strong hand. Oh, and did anyone else notice (in that post #3 picture) two pertinent details (1) the U.S. belt buckle (cavalry), and (2) that the fool was tugging at his holstered gun . . . with his finger inside the trigger guard?

Upcoming Events

Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top