JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Last week I bought an LCP Max and yesterday was able to get it out to the range. With the expense of ammo, I only ran 50+ rounds through it, but I was very impressed. I've tried a LOT of pocket pistols over the years and I think this one is perfection--from the standpoint of size and capacity. It conceals well in my front pocket of my Levi jeans AND my khaki-type work pants. 10 rounds of .380 on board for very good capacity. for the first time out, was plenty accurate. AND it is very shootable given that its slightly bigger than a lot of other pocket carry pistols. To me, I think it is the perfect balance on size and capacity in a TRUE pocket pistol.

After several years carrying an LCP, then selling it to get a tiny 9mm, this guy comes along. Glad to hear it is a hit.

I have loved my LCP II for years now...I'll be looking at a Max at some point here...the capacity is impressive and really the only drawback of the LCP II and LCP Original.

Do u mean poundage? Or feel? As feel goes, I prefer the stock LCP MAX trigger over the stock G42 trigger. I have no prior experience with the LCP line beyond the MAX. I do know in a life threatening situation trigger pull of either wouldn't be an issue. But a smaller, lighter, higher capacity gun that comes stock w night sights makes more sense to me. Funny thing is I'm actually more accurate with the Ruger as well.

I'm by no means a trigger snob, but I found the trigger on the LCP MAX to be fine. First time out, I had no issues shooting 'combat accurate' out to 7 yards; meaning 2-3" groups shooting pretty fast. Hope that is helpful.

I'm glad to see so many options as of the last few years for carry pistols. If a person can't find the right one for them then maybe they need pepper spray, LOL. I ended up with a Hellcat and love it, always kind of been a Springfield guy. Have fun with your new pistol OP

I've had an LCP and two LCP II's, and carried them (one at a time, of course :p) on occasion when my attire did not provide for concealment of a larger weapon.

I currently have a G42 and the new LCP MAX and like shooting them both.

As far as my experience - the triggers are different (different internal firing mechanisms) but neither would be a problem in a self-defense situation.

The MAX is significantly smaller than that G42, almost the same sized as the LCP II I owned.

For me, the G42 is just too big to pocket carry in a pair of slacks without printing even with the non-printing holster design. (Jeans and cargo pants are no problem for the G42). The LCP MAX can be unobtrusive in my slacks.

The MAX's 10 round capacity really sets it apart.

On another note: I'm still having THE SAME PROBLEM with the MAX that I HAD WITH BOTH OF MY LCP IIs.

Wondering if any of you other MAX owners are experiencing the same thing?

When the brass is extracted it significantly dents the case mouth. Not sometimes - every time.

Because I reload 380, this is a pain the back side. You'd think Ruger would fix the problem (it is a known problem) with a new LCP II design. But Nope!

I contacted Ruger about the MAX denting the cases, and they say it is normal and there is nothing wrong with the weapon. Here is an except from the email response they sent to me regarding my description of the problem and my request for the firearm to be corrected:

"Here is the information you asked for. I hope you have a wonderful day and thank you for your patience!
Seeing some distortion of the brass at the case mouth is completely normal and is pretty common with semi-auto firearms. Brass at room temperature is a soft metal, and when it is extracted and ejected it is also hot which makes it even softer. During ejection it is not uncommon for the cartridge to contact some part of the slide while rotating/spinning out of the gun. That contact will often "dent" the case mouth of the cartridge (picture below). This cannot be tuned or corrected and is not considered a problem with the gun."

I ran into a MAX owner at the range a couple of months ago and asked him about it and he said his MAX does NOT dent his case mouths. Go Figure!!!:confused:

Of the over 100 different semi-auto pistols I've owned in my life-time, I've run across this only a couple of times other than both of my LCP II's and my LCP MAX.

On another note: I'm still having THE SAME PROBLEM with the MAX that I HAD WITH BOTH OF MY LCP IIs.

Wondering if any of you other MAX owners are experiencing the same thing?

When the brass is extracted it significantly dents the case mouth. Not sometimes - every time.

Because I reload 380, this is a pain the back side. You'd think Ruger would fix the problem (it is a known problem) with a new LCP II design. But Nope!

I contacted Ruger about the MAX denting the cases, and they say it is normal and there is nothing wrong with the weapon. Here is an except from the email response they sent to me regarding my description of the problem and my request for the firearm to be corrected:

"Here is the information you asked for. I hope you have a wonderful day and thank you for your patience!
Seeing some distortion of the brass at the case mouth is completely normal and is pretty common with semi-auto firearms. Brass at room temperature is a soft metal, and when it is extracted and ejected it is also hot which makes it even softer. During ejection it is not uncommon for the cartridge to contact some part of the slide while rotating/spinning out of the gun. That contact will often "dent" the case mouth of the cartridge (picture below). This cannot be tuned or corrected and is not considered a problem with the gun."

I ran into a MAX owner at the range a couple of months ago and asked him about it and he said his MAX does NOT dent his case mouths. Go Figure!!!:confused:

Of the over 100 different semi-auto pistols I've owned in my life-time, I've run across this only a couple of times other than both of my LCP II's and my LCP MAX.
Not gonna minimize what you experienced.

That would suck especially if you reload.