JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Have you actually looked through her profile, learned who she is and what she has done?
She has Fought the Fight for the 2nd since her first days, that alone makes her far more reliable then any putz repub! Do your self a great big favor and at least check her out some before posting how you think she will be!
I took your advice. thanks.

I tend to watch a little YouTube as I doze off, something to finish off the last firing synapse I have.

This kinda seemed like a nice template for the state of our world today. Are we bound for another complete civilization collapse?

It's worth the 15min to watch the entire thing IMO. Isn't it time for a potty break anyway?

IMO nothing innately "wrong" with being wrong, we all are at some time or another.

so long as we're willing to change our mind based upon new information.

people seem to have trouble adapting. which one must do. and often, quickly.

soon as all the boomers in charge die off and get out of the way, things will get better.

https _cdn.cnn.com_cnnnext_dam_assets_170523055621-boardroom-file.jpg

allow me a prediction. i expect a period of "roaring 20s" lifestyle before this decade is out.

and another heavy crash after that. mid 2030s.

soylentgreen2022meme001.PNG

#pdxfrank

IMO nothing innately "wrong" with being wrong, we all are at some time or another.

so long as we're willing to change our mind based upon new information.

people seem to have trouble adapting. which one must do. and often, quickly.

soon as all the boomers in charge die off and get out of the way, things will get better.

View attachment 1197987

allow me a prediction. i expect a period of "roaring 20s" lifestyle before this decade is out.

and another heavy crash after that. mid 2030s.

View attachment 1197990

#pdxfrank
Yes, those pesky boomers who were at the forefront of much of the industries, technologies, relative security, and overall prosperity this country has enjoyed post WWII.

As a tail-end millennial, I think things will only get worse as the older generations continue to retire or pass away. The "crippling anxiety, "no-accountability-for-my-actions" generations (millennials and gen z) do not inspire much confidence!

Of course, only time will tell and I hope your prediction is correct!

Yes, those pesky boomers who were at the forefront of much of the industries, technologies, relative security, and overall prosperity this country has enjoyed post WWII.

As a tail-end millennial, I think things will only get worse as the older generations continue to retire or pass away. The "crippling anxiety, "no-accountability-for-my-actions" generations (millennials and gen z) do not inspire much confidence!

Of course, only time will tell and I hope your prediction is correct!
Born 82 here. Technically a millennial (loathe that term. Prefer Gen Y as it was what described us until 2000s.) . I'd say.. that Gen Y was the 2nd baby boom compared to Gen X and Z. Its of note... Boomers were at the forefront of the race riots. Desegretation. Vietnam. Nixon and China. Reaganomics. Roe V. Wade. GCA 1968. FOPA 1986. AWB. NDAA. Iran-Contra, Iraq, Clinton era. "Neocons".

Gen X was the least politically involved in Congress until the 2000s I believe; displacing Boomers and Silent Generation politicians. Of course, a lot of the political friction are generational. Time will tell if anything improves or worsens.

Yeah, but what have they done for us lately but mostly rest on their laurels?

Today's billionaires are doing more for our planet than any politician alive, IMO.

Even Trump boot-lickin' OAN had to admit the truth.

Yep

For those all in for the letter by the name; have a question.
What, if anything, have your preferred Party done to uphold gun rights, even the Constitution in Oregon?
You need to be in the majority to have influence on committees or to pass any bills. It's just that simple. There will be a few that vote with the opposite party and they be the difference on some bills, but by and large, you need the majority to make a difference. That's why it's important to look, not only at the candidate, but if they can actually win.

We're all frustrated but that doesn't mean we should be eating our own. Be very very careful about voting for an independent. We've seen how that can take votes from our side with a net game for the liberals. With regard to Betsy Johnson, not sure what we gain if the dems still have a super minority. The governor certainly has power but the legislature passes laws.

Yeah, but what have they done for us lately but mostly rest on their laurels?
You sound like a spoiled brat. What are WE supposed to do for you? Seriously? I guess your parents/grand parents failed BIG TIME, or you just refused to soak in what went down in this country during The Depression?
You have no clue what poor is. I won't tell the stories that my grand mother's and parents told me. They'd probably bore you.

Jesus Christ, maybe do some reading instead of being out at your little private airgun range and get an idea of just how bubbleguming GOOD you have it. Just do America a favor and don't breed anymore like you. K?

Let me know when D'Souzas finds a lawyer willing to stand up in court and say that they that to a judge, because so far every single one of them when faced with the actual requirement to provide evidence to back up the claims they shout from the courthouse steps has told the judge that no, the case ISN'T about fraud and they will not be arguing that in court. heck, even that Kraken Krackhead Karen Sidney Powell admitted that she didn't actually have any evidence and she was 'just repeating what she read on Fakebook' and that "no reasonable person would believe her."

FWIW, Lars says Cliff Benz is doing a good job of replacing long time Rep Greg Walden, whom I was not overly enamored of.

IIRC, Benz voted for the "Insurrection Inquisition" and is a RINO like most of the others. F him, but I'll pinch my nose and vote for him is he doesn't get primaried. We NEED those House seats to keep the lunatics at bay.

You sound like a spoiled brat. What are WE supposed to do for you? Seriously? I guess your parents/grand parents failed BIG TIME, or you just refused to soak in what went down in this country during The Depression?
You have no clue what poor is. I won't tell the stories that my grand mother's and parents told me. They'd probably bore you.

Jesus Christ, maybe do some reading instead of being out at your little private airgun range and get an idea of just how bubbleguming GOOD you have it. Just do America a favor and don't breed anymore like you. K?
Wow Mike, woke up on the wrong side of the coffee-cup this morning huh?

I'm referring to the comment someone made about all the great accomplishments of yesteryear's champions.
Those types of creators and leaders don't exist today. Or at least so rarely might as well be zero.

Try not to kill the messenger because you don't like the message. You don't know me well enough to have a valid opinion.

Meanwhile, I'm not a geezer, so no, I didn't grow up in the depression, nor born into a 3rd world country.
Well, close. I'm going on 60 and I grew up in the backwoods of WV, back when food stamps were still made of paper. :)

And if you're living vicariously off your grandma's stories, than you dear sir have no clue what poor is.

PS I'm shooting 20k rounds a year and getting more gun practice than I ever have. Just because it's an airgun doesn't mean it isn't awesome. Don't be inane. I seem to be having more fun that you.

Can't stand kids for more than a few minutes. Never had any, never will. Too many people in the world as it is IMO.

You can thank Gen Xers for giving us stuff like Youtube, Google, Wikipedia, Amazon, Ebay, Etsy, forums/bbs, Tumblr, Reddit, SpaceX, the continuing trend of new small businesses..quite a bit more there as well... they ain't all slackers ;) supposedly, Gen X aren't experiencing "midlife crisises" in the numbers like Boomers did. Gen Y and Zs are basically the newer workforce and well... there's already some issues but things should be OK for the most part from where I am.

You can thank Gen Xers for giving us stuff like Youtube, Google, Wikipedia, Amazon, Ebay, Etsy, forums/bbs, Tumblr, Reddit, SpaceX, the continuing trend of new small businesses..quite a bit more there as well... they ain't all slackers ;) supposedly, Gen X aren't experiencing "midlife crisises" in the numbers like Boomers did. Gen Y and Zs are basically the newer workforce and well... there's already some issues but things should be OK for the most part from where I am.
As a Gen Xer who is a happily married small business owner not experiencing any anxiety or midlife crises I resemble these comments ^^^ and I can attest that most of us are on the sideline enjoying the show, like Switzerland.

I love being Gen-X. We are young enough to embrace technology, but old enough to remember life before technology. We can still look people in the eye and interact face to face without having a panic attack.

My favorite generation was the WWII generation. Those people were awesome. Everyone else sucks by comparison. My other thought is that young people who are competitive and achievement oriented are going to clean up and be rich inside of 20 years. They are out there, I have met them.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads