JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know these are "prohibited" but is it a crime to carry non-firearm self defense items onto the train or the bus like it is on a plane?

My daughter is taking a trip across the state via bus & rail ... Wanting to have a means of defense that wont be confiscated or get arrested for

Anyone know or have experience?

Thanks

Try Google. Seriously. I had an answer in about 4 seconds.
I did that, can see its not allowed... But not much else

My ccw isnt allowed at the movie theatre, but I take it anyway.
But it's also prohibited on a plane

One gets me asked to leave the other is a felony

Where does pepper spray on greyhound land on that spectrum?

I know these are "prohibited" but is it a crime to carry non-firearm self defense items onto the train or the bus like it is on a plane?

My daughter is taking a trip across the state via bus & rail ... Wanting to have a means of defense that wont be confiscated or get arrested for

Thanks
For me? Been a LONG time since I used either. What I would do? Go to the station and see if they are doing a TSA type screen at the place. If they are? Well that takes care of that. If not? I would carry. They can say not to all they want, I could care less. If they are not screening people and she can manage to not show it to everyone or drop in on the floor? How would they ever know?

I would suggest carrying Pom pepper spray. It's tiny, shoots in a stream, and it works. Do not buy gel of any brand is my recommendation. If screening like a plane and it's not allowed then toss it, it's like $12 lost is all.

Thanks
Never ridden on a greyhound but have amtrak. There is an almost scary lack of security, like catching a bus you just hop on and show a ticket when asked. I may or may not have had a "prohibited" item on the train with 0 issue. I dont advise breaking the rules but sometimes the rules are easily broken

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top