JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have an old Hi-Power cardboard box from from the late 80's early 90's. It's leftover from a small lot of Argentinian Police guns My father purchased. It's nothing amazing, and not one of the classic purple Hi-Power boxes. I didn't want to throw it away Since Pack-Ratting is in my ancestral DNA.

thoughts??
ebay???
thanks. Eric

IMG_0658.jpeg IMG_0659.jpeg IMG_0652.jpeg IMG_0655.jpeg IMG_0653.jpeg

Collectors like boxes...even if it don't match their firearm..if it is the same model and era...they often seek 'em out.
That said...don't expect to be able to make a living or retire by selling gun boxes.
Gun collectors are also very often cheap....:D
Andy

I about crapped when Dad said he threw away the box for the Standard! I mean, hell, we'd kept it for years! The one in this pic isn't the correct one, but it's close. I bought it off of ebay.

Standard.jpg

I did some eBay and other site research. I've found a single old school browning "Purple" box listed for 83$. So yes they seem to have some value. I kept 2 of the old Hi-powers with their respective boxes. I have no idea how I ended up with a 3rd box With NO Hi-Power in it. Or anything else in it for that matter.

I did some eBay and other site research. I've found a single old school browning "Purple" box listed for 83$. So yes they seem to have some value. I kept 2 of the old Hi-powers with their respective boxes. I have no idea how I ended up with a 3rd box With NO Hi-Power in it. Or anything else in it for that matter.
Check all the glove boxes in any old cars .
I have a Smith 49 who was living the glove box life for an unknown amount of time.

Did someone say Argentinian Hi-Powers? 😍🇦🇷

Oh, we're talking about boxes. Yah, maybe eBay or Gunbroker them. There is a market for such out there. For these, specifically, no idea. (As to keeping boxes in general, I chuck them as I abhor clutter of any kind.)

Last Edited:
After an old hardware store closed I was helping clear it out. in the attic were hundreds of empty Ruger boxes. I kept a pickup full to use as storage boxes.
When I was unloading them at home a neighbor came by and wanted one to fit his gun. when I found one he offered $20 for it.
about an hour later he was back with a list of others that wanted them. after a little research on prices I made over a thousand dollars selling boxes. DR

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews