JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My grandson's mom went to a Catholic school in Montana and they had a shooting range in the basement. She said they all had to learn how to shoot .22s

Nothing wrong with that IMO

My grandson's mom went to a Catholic school in Montana and they had a shooting range in the basement. She said they all had to learn how to shoot .22s

Nothing wrong with that IMO

Back in the Midwest, around 1971 when I was in 7th grade we had a hunter safety course and we shot 22s.

The proposed Firearms Safety Education class will be a good thing. There should also be mandatory education on the 2A, why we have it, the bad outcomes for people in other places who could not defend themselves, etc. Same with the rest of the Constitution and Bill or Rights.

Back in the Midwest, around 1971 when I was in 7th grade we had a hunter safety course and we shot 22s.

The proposed Firearms Safety Education class will be a good thing. There should also be mandatory education on the 2A, why we have it, the bad outcomes for people in other places who could not defend themselves, etc. Same with the rest of the Constitution and Bill or Rights.

I would hope that education of our constitution would be included.;)

When I was a child my dad told me if you shoot another crow I'll make you eat it.... that year I learned a valuable lesson..

Crows taste like chicken :)

Which leads to the question...

84847BAC-2C29-42B6-8C73-D44022623323.jpeg

gun safety education in a school thats a gun free zone.....

what about the kids busted for pro second tshirts for finger guns and poptart guns? do they get an appeal, retribution? given the policy change?

although this is the first sign of common sense Ive seen, these people dont care what the gun law is..... AS LONG AS THEY GET SOME NEW GUN LAWS, to irritate the law abiding, Walmart smelling Americans

gun safety education in a school thats a gun free zone.....

what about the kids busted for pro second tshirts for finger guns and poptart guns? do they get an appeal, retribution? given the policy change?

although this is the first sign of common sense Ive seen, these people dont care what the gun law is..... AS LONG AS THEY GET SOME NEW GUN LAWS, to irritate the law abiding, Walmart smelling Americans
It's not about the gun laws with the progressives, it's about them shoving their ideals down everybody's throats. All in the name of tolerance, of course. Oh yeah, and for the chilllllll-dren.

I could see the anti's jumping for joy if this were put into effect. Unfortunately the way I read the proposal the certification could be from a certifying body created to teach the evils of gun ownership. Just because firearm safety is being taught would not mean the class would necessarily be pro second amendment or pro gun in any way. I would want the certifying body to be the NRA or such an organization.

If your having a hard time following what I'm saying, just think would you want all children to be taught the joys of sex by mother superior?

Seems to me this Initative needs to go a bit further than just firearm safety. Need to do away with the nonsensical behavior about shirts with guns on them, or Pop-Tarts chewed into the shape of a pistol...

Perhaps repeal the Gun Free Zone status of schools. But first we have to stop all the hysteria over seeing a gun or the image of a gun...

I would do the volunteer time off from work to teach hunters education in a classroom. I don't trust what the curriculum may be that gets school board approval for "safety." I expect I could toss a few rounds or shells across the room to hit the floor and they would act like I lobbed hand grenades.

Hunter education was encompassed in an elective class my 8th grade year on the Oregon coast. This was 1977 though.
I think its a great idea. I also think the schools should be teaching smart responsible economics.

I think requiring gun safety education in public schools is a great idea - IF - and only if, it's done by folks that not only really know guns, but also don't have some covert anti-gun agenda mixed in with the training. I'd like to see certified instructors if possible (I'm sure many would volunteer their time for free) so that we can be sure some anti-gun teacher isn't just reading words from a book and doing their best to portray guns in a negative light. We don't need to invite more anti-gun indoctrination into the schools, it's bad enough as it is.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA

New Classified Ads

Back Top