JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Julie London (Dixie McCall) was hot! 😍
Julie as Miss July.

2f%2fpics.wikifeet.com%2fJulie-London-Feet-1490827.jpg

I only open carry on the 4th of July.

I had an issue only 1 time and was asked to leave a firework tent.

My daughter was young and I didn't want to start a scene even though there were no signs anywhere and the poor kid who drew the short straw that got to ask me was obviously very nervous about me going off the rails so I politely left.

I haven't had any other problems but the rest of the year I conceal carry for multiple reasons.

I basically never OC, but have had the occasional experience where someone points out someone open-carrying while I'm concealed carrying, which is always fun. Was chatting with a lady in line at a grocery store a few years ago when a fella walked by with a 1911 on his belt. The lady was shocked and said, "oh my goodness, that guy has a gun!" I shrugged and asked "so what?" She asked, "Doesn't that make you uncomfortable knowing there's a random guy walking around with a gun in here?!" I asked her, "Well, what about his behavior makes you concerned for your safety? You see guns on people's hips every day (police, armed security, etc), so the mere presence of a weapon shouldn't be your only reason for concern."

She stumbled on that one and couldn't come up with a reason (because there wasn't one). I followed that up with "besides, just because you don't see a gun doesn't mean someone doesn't have one. For example, you're clearly comfortable having a conversation with me, and I've been carrying this whole time." She gave me a wide-eyed look, checked me up and down, and said, "but where?" I just smiled and said "a lady should never ask, and a gentleman should never tell." That got a laugh and seemed to diffuse the situation.

I basically never OC, but have had the occasional experience where someone points out someone open-carrying while I'm concealed carrying, which is always fun. Was chatting with a lady in line at a grocery store a few years ago when a fella walked by with a 1911 on his belt. The lady was shocked and said, "oh my goodness, that guy has a gun!" I shrugged and asked "so what?" She asked, "Doesn't that make you uncomfortable knowing there's a random guy walking around with a gun in here?!" I asked her, "Well, what about his behavior makes you concerned for your safety? You see guns on people's hips every day (police, armed security, etc), so the mere presence of a weapon shouldn't be your only reason for concern."

She stumbled on that one and couldn't come up with a reason (because there wasn't one). I followed that up with "besides, just because you don't see a gun doesn't mean someone doesn't have one. For example, you're clearly comfortable having a conversation with me, and I've been carrying this whole time." She gave me a wide-eyed look, checked me up and down, and said, "but where?" I just smiled and said "a lady should never ask, and a gentleman should never tell." That got a laugh and seemed to diffuse the situation.
When interested people ask me if I am carrying I never say yes or no. And I tell them that that defeats the purpose. I usually carry OC but down here in Texas its hot enough that I wear a XXL lightweight Tee that will cover it easily. (Normal tee is an XL)

Well do they? :s0092:
Rangers (Army ones anyway) that I usually saw tended to be too emaciated and dried up from "road-marching" (BTW- that's a euphemism) all day and night over hill and dale and only getting fed MAYBE once a week.

I reckon they had no juice left to lactate with… although they were known to tear off their own left arms and beat you to death with them if they ran out of ammo.

Right @Andy54Hawken ?

;) :D

Rangers (Army ones anyway) that I usually saw tended to be too emaciated and dried up from "road-marching" (BTW- that's a euphemism) all day and night over hill and dale and only getting fed MAYBE once a week.

I reckon they had no juice left to lactate with… although they were known to tear off their own left arms and beat you to death with them if they ran out of ammo.

Right @Andy54Hawken ?

;) :D
Well to quote Sam Kinison :
"DON"T FEED HIM YET !!!!....DON"T FEED HIM YET !!!!!" :D

And yes...you have summed up Ranger School...pretty well...just add in a lack of sleep.
Andy

Well to quote Sam Kinison :
"DON"T FEED HIM YET !!!!....DON"T FEED HIM YET !!!!!" :D

And yes...you have summed up Ranger School...pretty well...just add in a lack of sleep.
Andy
Sam was awesomely funny back then! :s0140:

Two sayings…..

1. You can sleep when you're dead.

2. Fussy boys go hungry.

Bonus third….

3. If your buddy goes down, kick him in the balls and then tell him you'll say, "hi" to his mom (and sister) to see if he's still alive.

OK, not really. ;) :rolleyes:

Over the years here, I've seen as many women oc as men. Mostly in Walmart but not recently. I talked to one younger guy, who said he was waiting on his carry permit.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top